Posted on behalf of Baracus and Young Love:
It was a great start to the day…39 brothers getting after it in the pre-dawn hours. The shovel flag was planted, and then Baracus and Young Love started the PAIN session.
- Jog around parking lot and down to football field
- SSH x 25
- Imperial Walker x 25
- Merkins x 20
Split into two groups: group 1 with Young Love, group 2 with Baracus. Flapjacks half way thru.
Mosey to Baseball Field for Triple Play:
- 10 supine pull-ups (on rails)
- 20 dips (on bleachers)
- Dragon Walk to first base
- 20 supine pull-ups (on rails)
- 30 dips (on bleachers)
- Dragon Walk to first base, Crab Walk to second base
- 30 supine pull-ups
- 40 dips
- Dragon Walk to first base, Crab Walk to second base, Bear Crawl to third base
Plank until all PAX is done.
Mosey to the hill for Jacob’s Ladder with Burpees at top
4 PAIN stations at corners of the track….start at 50 yd line
- High knees to Station 1 – 20 Mountain climbers
- Run to Station 2 – 20 Air Squats (with jumps)
- Run to Station 3 – 20 Peter Parkers
- Run to Station 4 – Walk-lunge back to starting line
- plank when finished
Mosey back to building near parking lot:
Entire group came back together for COT
- Baracus’ virgin Q – only had minor difficulty recalling the names of exercises. Air squats was the correct name….we’ll save air lunges for next time.
- The vets in the PAX were gentle…just having a little fun pretending to be FNGs and needing plenty of demonstrations…must be some kind of test. I guess I did something right though because the PAX was pretty quiet throughout the workout, save for some groaning and heavy breathing. I hope the virgin Q lived up to F3 standards.
- Name-o-rama was the hardest part for me…missed a few names, so let me just apologize here. Missing names, sound off in comments below.
- Many BS calls on the Dragon Walk, all of which came on the first round. No one was talking on the last 2 rounds. And this guy makes it look so easy and fun (he lied!): http://youtu.be/tZaw9YFG6aI
- Good luck to all who are doing the Spartan Race this weekend!
- Sad news in F3 nation: OLB (Terry Pridgen) suffered a heart attack Saturday and passed away on Sunday at the age of 42. OLB suffered a stroke a few weeks ago and had been recovering in the hospital. There will be a memorial workout at CORE at Myers Park Traditional on Saturday at 7:00. There will also be an opportunity to contribute toward an F3 donation to a scholarship fund for his kids. Please keep the Pridgen family in your prayers. More details on the website: http://f3nation.com/2013/03/20/in-memoriam-olb/.
- Prayers for Ray Charles, Joker, Coal Miner’s Daughter, and Matlock
- HDHH tonight – 6 pm at Vintner Wine Market at Arboretum
- Devils Turn on Thursday – 5:15 for 6 miles, 5:30 for 4 miles
- Kevlar workout on Friday – Covenant Day, 5:30
- Centurion workout on Friday – Charlotte Catholic High School, 5:30
- Saturday workouts on normal schedule.