All I could think about last night as I was heading to bed was the slogan from Rip Roarin’ Rapids. If you grew up in the Charlotte area, you’re likely familiar with it. There’s a sign just as you walk in that reads: “You will get wet, you may get soaked.” With that in mind, I built the weinke for a little dry and a little wet. Luckily for the 7 PAX who showed up, they didn’t have to worry about either as the rain had stopped by the time we rolled up @ 5:30am. But even without the rain, with the humidity pushing 90%+, it was like working out inside a dog’s mouth.
Here’s what went down.
Mosey across 51 and over to the Charlotte Catholic deck. CoP @ bottom entrance.
Warm-Up Exercises in cadence:
- SSH x 15
- IW x 15
- Merkins x 10
- Peter Parker x 10 each leg
- Burpees x 10 (OYO)
WAVE 1: Catch me if you can (Partner Up)
- P1 Starts running backwards up the short ramps to the 4th floor
- P2 3 Burpees, then runs to catch P1
- Flapjack once P2 catches P1
- Repeat until you reach the top
- Once we reach the top, back down to the first floor for Round #2, this time swapping 10 CDDs for Burpees.
Back down Stairwell #1 and across to the stadium
WAVE 2: Leg Lifts and Bearkin Lunge Crawls
- Line up, socially distanced on curb outside of stadium
- First, complete 20 leg lifts (Holding underneath the fence, raise your toes to touch the fence)
- Next, Bear Crawl to other side, 1 Derkin
- Lunge walk back to original side, 2 Derkins
- Repeat until we get to 10 Derkins
- We were supposed to finish with 20 more leg lifts but YHC forgot. You’re welcome.
Mosey over to Stairwell #2
WAVE 3: Deck Routine (Partner Back Up)
- Starting at Stairwell #2, 10 Merkins each
- P1 runs up Stairwell #1 to 2nd floor, P2 runs up Stairwell #3 to 2nd floor
- Meet back at Stairwell #2, complete 10 burpees each
- Run down to 1st floor, 10 Merkins each
- Next set, 3rd Floor with 20 Jump Squats, back to 1st floor, 10 Merkins each
- Last set, 4th Floor with 30 LBCs, back to 1st floor, 10 Merkins each
Mosey over to rock pile on McMahon rd., pick your weight
WAVE 4: Rock Work
- 10 Curls, 10 Presses, 10 Triceps (2 Sets), run around circle and back
- 10 Triple Lindys (Curl to Press to Triceps combination)
Mosey back to Launch Point
Mary until time is called
- 20-count Freddy Mercuries
- 10-count American Hammer
- 5-count Windshield Wipers (This was a crowd pleaser for sure and will definitely be making it back into the rotation)
- Protractor (Thanks Snuka)
- 10-count High Slow Rosalitas
Called time and COT.
YHC with the prayer.
- All the PAX worked hard this morning.
- The vets like Lorax and Snuka were out front most of the time.
- Margo was clearly pushing himself this morning and put in a strong effort across the board.
- Surprisingly, Clover forgot to try and throw off our cadence count. Must have been the humidity.
- Bout Time (who ran in), Snowflake, and Limey all had a strong showing as well.
- If I had known Snuka was so slow at CDDs I would have let him lead the 2nd round of “Catch Me If You Can”. His method ensured YHC got all the inclines. Sneaky smart Snuka, respect.
- By the time we wrapped @ 6:15 it didn’t matter that the rain never came. We were all soaked.
- Bout Time’s M (Lauren) has been nominated for “Woman of the Year” by the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society. The story about their son, Jennings, is truly inspiring. If you’d like to hear more or help out by making a donation, use the link here: https://pages.lls.org/mwoy/nc/clt20/jpalmer