The VSF was planted at Providence Day School on this cool, damp December morning and 10 guys got after it. Here’s the story:
Little baby jog to stadium with a tour of the bleacher area, then head to football field for:
COP (Merkins in civilian count, other exercises in cadence)
- Merkins x 20
- SSH x 20
- Merkins x 18
- Slow Squats x 18
- Merkins x 16
- IW x 16
- Merkins x 14
- Calf raises x 14
- Merkins x 12
- Lunges x 12
- Merkins x 10
Mosey to the goal line
Merkin Suicides (10 yd increments)
Run to 10yd line and back/do 2x exercise
Run to 20yd line and back / do 4x exercise…
Run to 30yd line and back / do 6x exercise…
Run to 40yd line and back / do 8x exercise…
Run to 50yd line and back / do 10x exercise…
- Wide-arm Merkins
- Diamond Merkins
- Man-maker Merkins
- 8 count Body-builder Merkins
Circle up in the end zone for Jack Webb
- 1 merkin – 4 arm raises
- 2 merkins – 8 arm raises
- Up to 10 merkins – 40 arm raises
Mosey to a snack bar for:
- Peoples chair (arms in front, arms overhead, air presses x10)
- Take a lap up and down the bleachers
- Peoples chair (arms in front, arms overhead, air presses x15)
Jog back to parking lot for MoM
- LBC x20
- Flutter x20
- Dolly x 20
- I’m sure the 10 men who gathered for this workout are already starting to have a little trouble moving their arms this morning as I brought back one of my favorite workouts first released at Anvil over a year ago…The Merkinfest! Yes…we did a few Merkins, but I believe sometimes we get better results when we really focus on a specific part of the body for the entire workout…we did just that. All different kinds of merkins!
- YHC was having a little trouble remembering how many reps he was supposed to do during some of the COP exercises, and had to consult the weinke a time or two.
- Good to see a couple of faces that I haven’t seen a lot of at The Charge. Glad to have you back out Hopper, and good to see Ruby again…first time back since the Ausman family reunion before Thanksgiving.
- Winterplace, I noticed the reverse BTW you were doing out there this morning…strong!
- Great work by all you guys out there! Always a pleasure to lead at The Charge…what a great AO!
- Tesla thanks for taking us out this morning!
Joe Davis Memorial Run on Jan. 10 – http://f3nation.com/2014/10/17/2015-joe-davis-memorial-run-preblast-registration/
Unbroken – Join the men of Area 51 on Jan.10 for some great 2nd F as the converge upon Stonecrest http://f3nation.com/2014/12/12/a51-2nd-f-event-unbroken-on-jan-10-sign-up-now/ Cinema to see the movie Unbroken, based on the best selling novel.
Upcoming convergence workouts
- 12/24 TBD for The Charge, but Area 51 option is below
- 12/24 Area 51 Convergence at Anvil (Calvary) 0600
- 12/31 Area 51 Convergence at The Maul (Stonecrest) 0600
- 1/3 Convergence at Ascent