After it was learned that the swiftest of the Swift is now on the DL after a mountain biking accident this weekend, it is now time to call in the 3rd string and YHC is your Q for this addition of Swift. Apparently you are not supposed to land on your face and ribs when dismounting a mountain bike abruptly. Who knew? Seriously Bratwurst, get better soon.
Fortunately, Brat has pristine lesson plans to follow and we will continue where he left us after the 1-mile speed showdown last week. We launch at 5:15am from The Vine restaurant in Ballantyne. The plan is (somewhat) simple. See below (all is run at your 1-mile race pace):
1) Warm up mile or so – fellowship pace
2) Enter the bull ring ready to get down to business
3) Run 4 x 200m with 200m rest in between
4) Run 2 x 400m with 400m rest in between
5) Run 1 x 800m with 800m rest
6) Run 2 x 400m with 400m rest in between
7) Run 4 x 200m with 200m rest in between
8) Run back to COT
See you in the autumn gloom!