(Posted on behalf of Twister)
6 PAX gathered at McKee Road Elementary for this week’s edition of Area 51. SF was easily planted in the wet ground as the group loosened up for the 0700 launch. Originally 4 of us but O’Tannenbaum wheeled in at 0659 to join us and then Tool Time joined us a few minutes into the COP. Over the next 60 minutes here’s what we were able to accomplish:
Twister, making his VQ, led the group out for a short jog to the lower parking lot by the soccer fields and had PAX circle up for COP:
- SSH x 30 (IC)
- IW x 30 (IC)
- CDD x 20 (IC)
Enough of a warm up, let the real work begin. Twister announced that we would be completing the Murph in remembrance of 9/11:
- Run 1 mile down around the fire station and back through Cold Cuts neighborhood (no Cold Cut sighting. He may have been up in Blacksburg for ECU’s upset of Va Tech)
- Meet back at the playground in front of school and plank it up until Six arrives (RHH, RLH, LHH, LLH, etc)
- Complete 10 sets of 10 Pull-ups, 20 Merkins, 30 Squats
- Run 1 mile back down to the fire station and through Cold Cuts hood
- Early finishers plank it up to wait for the Six. PAX heads back out to complete mile run with Tool Time #nomanleftbehind
With 15 minutes still left on the clock Twister led the PAX over to the front of the school for some People’s Chair:
- PC x 60 secs (lower it 6 in (not just 3) about 40-45 secs in)
- Lunge walk to the sidewalk and back
- PC x 60 secs w/ 30 air presses IC
Mosey out to parking lot for 6 MOM to wrap it up:
- LBC x 40 (IC)
- Rosalita x 30 (IC)
- Protractor (90/45/30/15/30/45/90/45/30/15/hold’em)
- Back Scratcher x 40 (IC)
- Peter Parker x 15 (IC)
- Great VQ by Twister. Sounded like an old pro with cadence count and had nice plan pulled together for his first Q.
- The Murph is always a sold choice for a work-out. Guaranteed smoker and can be modified by all fitness levels. Of course, still can’t slow Lobster Roll down as he made quick work of it.
- Speaking of LR, kudos to him and a couple of co-workers who completed 2 trips up and down the Duke Energy building steps and then 343 burpees on 9/11 in honor of the 343 members of FDNY who were killed in the 9/11 attacks.
- Strong work by all the PAX in pushing through the pain and completing the Murph.
- Final deadline for signing up for 10/4 Mud Run is 9/15. Get it done if you are interested. F3 has 600+ strong signed up.
- F3 will be leading kids in pre-run warm-up on 9/20 at 7th Annual Isabella Santos Foundation 5K for Kids Cancer. Header and Honey Bee will be leading the effort.
- Far Side leading Trips for Kids at Francis Beatty Park on 9/20. 9 a.m. – 12 bike ride on the trails at Colonel Francis Beatty Park off of Weddington Rd. Meet at the park. Great event for 2.0’s and Trips for Kids organization leads the participants on trail ride and provides lunch.
- “Mud Run” training work-out to be held the next 3 Tuesdays at the site of Swift/Bagpipe in Ballantyne. Cover 4-5 miles with various obstacles/pain stations. Launch time is 0515 and will go for 60 minutes. Meet at the Vine restaurant parking lot at Johnston Rd/Ballantyne Commons Parkway.