25 men swallowed the red pill and made the affirmative decision to descend upon the Anvil in order to be sharpened this morning. The beatdown went something like this:
Warm-up with 10 burpees OYO and follow the Q as he runs to the semi-circle with bricks and really nice grass.
- 30x SSH
- 15x Merkin
- 20x Mountain Climbers
- 20x Flutter
- 20x Low-Slow-Squats
Brisk jog around church, to bottom of North Face and up we go. Merkins OYO (30ish) while waiting for the Six.
Brisk jog back to other side of church, bear crawl half the width of the parking lot, flip it over for crab walk the remainder of lot (modify with lunge walk as needed).
Run to base of hill for Triple Nickel: 5 Jump Squats at top, 5 CDDs at bottom, repeato x4.
Run to pavilion for 3 circuits of: 20 derkins, 10 single-legged squats (R/L), 20 dips, 15 jump-ups.
Run to rock pile and select a rock for 2 rounds of: 20 curls, 20 overhead presses, 10 straight-arm raises, 10 good mornings.
Run to bottom of Entrance #4 hill for Jacob’s Ladder with 1-7 ascending burpees (crowd pleaser).
Run back to starting point for quick bout with Mary: 20x LBCs, 20x Dollies
- Fun time this morning, gents. Thank you for allowing me to lead. Always a pleasure and a challenge to put something in front of you that pushes the beasts you are becoming.
- Well done to everyone out there. Venus, that was a notably excellent job pushing it at the end. Everyone is getting noticeably stronger and faster. Very few stragglers. Very few wimpy rocks chosen from the pile.
- Lack of chatter was noticeable, though. Not sure if it was intensity of the workout or just that everyone was extra sleepy, but it was pretty quiet out there most of the time.
- It’s been awhile since I’ve run a Jacob’s Ladder, so I thought it would be fun to end on a high note. Figured out pretty quick that my legs still want to be in BRR recovery mode. Hope everyone enjoyed that as much as I did.
- Props to the KBers who came out early to swing the metal then stuck around for the main attraction. Y’all don’t sleep enough, but your dedication is noteworthy.
- MLP: Welcome to the PAX. Historically, those with the worst (i.e.,most effeminate) nicknames tend to become the ones we end up trying to catch during the workouts. A lot to live up to, but we have faith you’ll live up to your name.
- 9/11 A51 convergence: 0530-0615 at Anvil/Rock location (aka Calvary Church). See preblast for more info. No other Thursday workouts.
- General cautionary warning from last Friday’s incident at Centurion: Be aware of your surroundings. PAX should travel in packs.
- See twitter (@F3Area51), email of the week and website for other announcements. Let me know if you don’t receive the email of the week and I’ll pass along info necessary to hook you up.