The shovel flag was planted and 27 pax started their mid-week workout. Jog around the parking lot to warm-up. Be sure to circle Floor Slapper’s car as he came in late. Mix in some high knees, butt kickers and backwards run for good measure.
- 1 legged burpees (RL)
- SSH x 25
- IW x 26
- Slerkins x 15
- Slow Squats x 15
- 1 legged burpees (LL)
- Firkins x 10
Mosey over to the adjacent parking lot.
- 5 HR Merkins
- Run to other side of parking lot
- 5 Jump Squats
- Run back to starting point
- Repeat 5 times
Head down to the bleachers near baseball fields.
Group 1 performs supine pull-ups until group 2 completes upper body circuit. Flapjacks and continue through 4 rounds. Circuit exercises:
- Round 1: Derkins/Dips/Incline Merkins x 20 each
- Round 2: Derkins/Dips/Incline Merkins x 15 each
- Round 3: Derkins/Dips/Incline Merkins x 10 each
- Round 4: Derkins/Dips/Incline Merkins x 5 each
Jog down to the track. Partner up in groups of 3.
Partner 1 completes home exercise, partner 2 completes away exercise, partner 2 runs from home to away. Switch each time your partner gets to you.
- Wide Arm Merkins
- Alternating lunges
- Diamond Merkins
- Bear squats
Jog back up to the parking lot for a few minutes of Mary.
- Flutters x 25
- Dying Cockroach x 15 (Led by @F3Columbia’s Stagecoach)
- Great crowd this morning. We had wily veterans, relatively new guys, thoroughbreds, meatheads.
- Also, welcome @F3Columbia’s Stagecoach to Death Valley. It was great to have you join us today. For those that missed his post-workout tweet, he said “A51’s Death Valley is definitely tougher than the one in Clemson! (6peat?)” I am neutral in that rivalry, but BOOM, that ought to get the comments flowing!
- Bulldog, Header and I met for some pre-KB work. Header led that and put a serious beat down on us for 25 minutes. Semi-Gloss showed up half way thru, so I told him he would not get full credit for pre-KB. I will hand it to SG though…he grabbed the 50 lb. KB.
- Ok, that was a lot of supine pull-ups while waiting for the other group to complete their circuit. I guess that looked better on paper.
- The bear squats were comical. If you’ve done them before, you know they hurt…and you can imagine all the colorful commentary. #Spacklerswheelhouse
- For those participating in the #10Kmerkins challenge, I counted 197 toward my daily count. For the record, that does not count the 1 legged burpees. For those not doing the challenge, hope you enjoyed anyway.
- Thanks Lazyboy for the send-off.
- Sound off in the comments if you have any other amusing things to share.
- Threshold will not meet today, but will resume next Wednesday
- HDHH tonight at The Lodge 6:00-7:30.