23 fine chaps gathered this morning despite early warnings of rain and snow. Turned out to be a fine morning – perfect for a beatdown as follows:
Quick mosey to the grass for an equally quick COP:
– 25x SSH
– 20ish Imperial Walkers (more on this later)
– 10x Windmills
– 25x Mountain Climbers
Hoist the Bells and run to the church entrance. Find a partner with a friendly Bell weight. and line up for another rousing rendition of Catch me if You Can.
– P1: 15 merkins then chase your partner; P2: carry the Bells and run as fast and far as possible; flapjack and repeato as much as necessary. Run around church to far end of the parking lot/ 2nd hill entrance.
Stick with partner, divide up into 2 groups for a little friendly competition (Pays to be a Winner)
Round 1: P1: Run around church; P:2 2-hand Swings. Flapjack and Repeato.
Winner: Group 1 (the lower group aka the “heavyweights”). Winners do 10 burpees, losers get 20.
Round 2: P1: Run to bus (“heavyweights” run to stop sign past bus – life isn’t fair); P:2 curl/press combo move. Flapjack and Repeato.
Winner: Group 2 (the upper group aka “middleweights”). Winners do 10 burpees, losers get 20.
Round 3: P1: Both groups run to bus; P:2 10 good mornings and AMRAP squats. Flapjack and Repeato.
Winner: Group 1 (the “heavyweights”). No time for burpees – everyone wins!
Hoist the Bells and run back to the grass. One minute left – time for one round of mary.
– 25x flutters with Bell.
– Glad I planned for a short COP this morning. Turns out I couldn’t get it over fast enough. Calling myself out for screwing up the cadence on the most basic of exercises – the Imperial Walker. Surprised I wasn’t heckled more for that one, or maybe I just permanently blocked out that one. Sorry guys – thanks for bearing with me.
– Tried to divide the group up into equal portions of “heavyweights” and “middle weights”. A quick look around revealed that one of the groups was a little, umm, slim. Quickly redistributed in order to give each group a fighting chance.
– Can’t remember much else. From the above, looks like we did a fair bit of running and a fair bit of hefting. Guess that’s why the time flew by.
– Thanks for the opportunity to Q. Always a pleasure leading the PAX.
– 2 new 3rd F’s coming soon. Check the email.