The plan was laid out for a trifecta of pain at F3 Stonehenge this week.
1) 4:45 ruck up Ballantyne – 2 mile ruck around Stonehenge AO (the optional Prancercise invitation was rejected)
2) 5:30 kettle bell warm-up tabata with PAX called exercises
3) 6:00 boot camp extravaganza in the Stonehenge style
It turned out YHC is the only SOB crazy (read stupid) enough to ruck it up at 4:45 in the morning so that was a solo endeavor. However, 6 SOB’s joined YHC for the KB warm up and by 6:00 we were 20 in number and ready for action.
Mosey to Wells Fargo parking lot
– SSH x 30
– IW x 20
– Good Mornings x 20
– Mountain Climbers x 20
– Merkins x 20
Mosey to the Loch Ness woods and split into 3 groups for Isometric Hold-o-rama
– Group 1: 60 sec flexed arm hang, AMRAP pull ups, 45 sec flexed arm hang, AMRAP pull ups, 30 sec flexed arm hang, AMRAP pull ups
– Group 2: 60 sec squat hold, 15 squats, 45 sec squat hold, 12 squats, 30 sec squat hold, 10 squats
– Group 3: 60 sec 6 inches, 15 merkins, 45 sec 6 inches, 12 merkins, 30 sec 6 inches, 10 merkins
– Rotate stations until each group has gone through one time
Mosey to the hill for 11’s
– Plank up-and-downs at the top (plank to elbows to plank = 1)
– Dying cockroach at bottom
Line up in two lines (after the PAX reminded YHC that 3 is not divisible by 2, we were in good shape)
– Indian run up Ballantyne Corporate and around to the construction barrels on Brixham Hill Dr.
Stop at construction barrels and separate into 4 groups for a relay race
– each team grab a construction barrel and run with it in relay fashion
– round 1: squats and merkins while you wait
– round 2: LBC and Flutter while you wait
Still time on the clock, so head to the parking lot for additional pain
– suicides from one parking line to next and back down
– lunge walk out and sprint back x 2
– bear crawl out and crab walk back (MT again dominates the crab walk – no surprise)
Run back to cars with a jail break at Stone Mtn Grill
– 1 minute of Dolly
– It was an action packed day. The Isometric Holds were surprisingly dastardly. The flexed arm hang / pull-up combo was especially impossible, but there was a lot of camaraderie going on to get through it. Nice work!
– Frehley’s wins the most inventive / dangerous carrying style of the construction barrel in the relay race. He went at it cat-in-the-hat style. Still not sure if he could see. Pulled Pork wins the Mr. Olympus award for fully extended arms overhead carry style.
– Team two separated the barrel from the tire for a while but after enough harassing for cheating, the barrel was reassembled in a more orthodox fashion for the rest of the race. Luckily no security guards or construction personnel witnessed the construction barrel relay race. It may have led to a premature jail break, if you know what I mean.
– It was a strong group today and some intense work. It was great to workout alongside the Sons of Ballantyne!