Men all over Area 51 looked out the window when they awoke this morning and had a decision to make. 9 pax decided to deny the fartsack in order to get their daily downPAINment. 5 even showed up for the KB pre-work.
Warm-up lap around the parking lot. Throw in some high knees and butt kicks for good measure.
- 1 legged burpees x 7 each leg
- Slerkin (slow merkin) x 15 (hold it)
- Mountain Climber x 20 (hold it)
- Plank walk CW/CCW
- SSH x 25
- Imperial Walkers x 24
Find a partner (size doesn’t matter) for merkinfest:
- Partner A does 20 merkins while Partner B does squats until partner A is done. Flapjack. Repeat with 19 merkins, then 18…all the way down to 1. That’s 210 merkins each.
- Star-plank until everyone finishes
Mosey over to concession area.
- People’s chair x 60 sec.
- Wall plank (keep it as horizontal as possible) x 20 sec.
- Wall mountain climbers x 10
- Rinse and repeat
Welcome, Skywalker. Glad you could join us. You should knock out 210 merkins to catch up.
Jog down to the track and gather by bleachers. Run ½ way around track to other bleachers and complete called exercise until last guy finishes 20 reps. Run ½ way around track back to starting point and complete same called exercise until last guys finishes 20 reps. Repeat for a total of 4 laps around track. Called exercises:
- Lap 1 – Ski Abs x 20
- Lap 2 – Heels to Heaven x 20
- Lap 3 – Dolly x 20
- Lap 4 – Flutter x 20
1 minute left – 10 burpees OYO
- The strong thunderstorms rolling through Charlotte at about 2 a.m. must have caused most to second-guess their plans to post this morning. If it makes you feel better, there was only a light drizzle for a few minutes of the KB workout, then no rain the rest of the workout.
- So, Bananas sends out a tweet yesterday for the KB pre-work at Death Valley this morning. There was even mention of a focus on arms so clearly he had a plan in mind. Good Hands stops to pick up Bananas at his house this a.m., texting him to come on. Nothing, dark, no sight of Bananas!
- Skywalker sets a new Area 51 record for being late to a workout. He strolled in at about 5:55, which most pax (YHC included) would question should they even bother posting. Glad you decided to post anyway. You still owe us 210 merkins.
- F3 Mentoring program will be launching soon (details: http://f3nation.com/2014/02/12/f3-mentoring-program-2014/). Reach out to Skywalker if you have any questions.
- HDHH tonight, 6 pm at The Lodge – Check Twitter this afternoon
- Blue Ridge Relay sign-ups going on now. Don’t miss out! Contact Baracus to sign up or with questions.