11 pax ignored contore and posted for a slop fest known as mud run prep day at Outland. Actually, it would have been 12, but 1 left for a 10:00 commitment. More on that in the moleskin.
- SSH x 23
- IW x 23
- Slow Merkins x 20
- Squats x 20
- Hand Release Merkins x 15
Brief explanation of the course. Mostly, read the posted signs along the way and follow the bright orange arrows, which the white snow provided the perfect backdrop.
- Over the fence, 10 burps, run along outfield fence, over fence, 10 burps
- Bear crawl approx. 50 yards to access road toward Shiloh elementary school
- Over fence, 10 burpees, lunge walk 1 lap around track, over fence, 10 burpees
- After a decent run to SVHS practice field, high crawl approx. 100 yards (this turned out to be a disaster as it was flooded with ice, snow and mostly icy puddles)
- Grab a rock from and over the fence into the stadium. Two laps around the track, but also up and down stadium stairs covering each aisle of bleachers of the home and away sidelines. Over fence and return rock.
- Partner carry approx. 100 yards.
- Obstacle course:
- Climb up and over the double pull-up bar
- Over the 6 ft. wall
- Over and under parallel telephone poles
- Over 7 ft. wall
- Balance beam walk
- High knees thru the tires (of course there was muddy water in the tires)
- Incline sit-ups x 20
- Walk across the vertical poles
- Over to field for 20 dips and 20 supine pull-ups
- Back thru the obstacle course again
Back to shovel flag
- The morning gloom started off with a light rain to go along with the cold temps and residual snow/ice on the ground. As CT and YHC walked the course beforehand, the drizzle stopped and it turned out to be a decent morning.
- Major T-claps to Countertop for coming up with the workout. It was a great use of the expansive campus. It sounds like this could be a regular workout for the Outland crew.
- 3 pax just couldn’t wait for the beat down, so they showed up early for some KB pain. YHC is not exactly sure where Hairband went though. He showed for the 6:15 KB workout, then left to get to a 10:00 appointment. I guess maybe it was in Raleigh!
- Great effort by all the pax today.
- Shout out to Rickshaw (13) who looked strong all the way up to the point where he lost his shoe on the final run to the shovel flag.
- Major thanks go out tho the Fort guys who made the long trek to take part.
- There are still spots available for the Go Ruck Challenge on 3/14. See Dora for details.
- About 8-9 more need to fill out another BRR team. Contact Baracus for details.