9 men showed up for what they thought was Death Valley, but actually a classic Fast Twitch in disguise
Jog around lot to front for brief COP:
- 5 Burpees OYO
- 15 IW IC
- 15 SSH (xtra extension)
- 10 merkins
Warmup run to Rising Meadow for sevens: Burpees at top, Merkins at bottom.
Mosey to Rounding Run loop, partner up.
Partner one goes CW, partner two goes CCW, 20 hand-slap merkins when you meet. Reverse and return. 20 hand-slap merkins back at start
Again, but partner one goes CCW, Partner two goes CW, 10 hand-slap merkins when you meet. Reverse and return. 10 hand-slap merkins back at start
Mosey back to WoodFox; indian run back to school
Moleskine and Announcements:
- Gotta appreciate the cool weather this morning – preview of Fall? Finally a break from the heat
- Full disclosure: In classic bait and switch format, YHC revived a shortened version of an old Fast Twitch workout when it was previously stationed at this AO; Threw in enough burpees and merkins to call it a bootcamp, but with a more than respectable 4.0 total mileage.
- To be fair, the pre-tweet was pretty clear on the format, but apparently many pax did not see the tweet. Is anyone on Twitter anymore?
- Tried to keep it moderate on the pace so at least one would stay up front with me – thanks Smokey!
- Unfortunately it didn’t seem like all the pax were so pleased with the format – sorry Fireman Ed. Feel free to pile up the weights on me next time you Q.
- Great to see 49er back out again – Kotters my friend
- Thanks for the takeout from Smokey!
- Speed for Need looking for support on upcoming races; contact Gypsy
- This weekend’s SFN race has Bout Time’s son and daughter as Track Commanders – need pax to help push Romare Bearden Park 0930 Sat