16 PAX came out for a return from vacation workout that included an opportunity to demonstrate athletic ability on field while playing Ultimate Merkin Frisbee. As expected many of the PAX prove that beyond working out, very little athletic ability exists.
Warmup (Cadence Counting Progressively getting worse by YHC):
- Potato Pickers
- Imperial Walkers
- Mountain Climbers
Streetlight Shuttles (Terrain: concrete)
- Start at bottom of walkway by Transporter’s throne. (Lamar – info for friend lavatories are closed during summer, reopen when school in session)
- All Pax begins with squats, then 1 PAX runs to 1st light and begins merkins. Once PAX reaches light next in line sprints to light and continue until all have reached light and are doing merkins
- Continue to next street lights until at start of walkway, exercises included american hammer, foot fire over line, carolina dry docks, side lunges, Bobby Hurleys, Hillbilly Situps.
- Do similar on return while adding in reverse bear crawls, backwards run, duck walk, sprints
Ultimate Merkin Frisbee (Terrain: wet flat grass)
- Broke into 2 teams and played Ultimate Frisbee for last 20 mins.
- Rules were allowed 2 steps then throw and each time frisbee hit ground everyone completed a merkin.
- Merkins were cumulative up to 10 and then reset back to 1
- Upon team scoring, defense team had to complete 5 burpees
- Shirts won by score 6-3?
- Welcome to Houch (FNG) another member of Lawson Pax from Southern Illinois, name derived from S. Illinois University Mascot – Saluki
- Had return of Amnesia (FNG?: posted 3 yrs ago, could not recall name)
- Doc sporting his home team jersey SOB as he graced us with presence for workout
- Lack of coordination by many when it comes to a sport setting was very prevalent – too many to name
- Mumblechatter included Transporter asking if Bobby Hurley was sports guy who passed of Cancer (Sure Rockwell if here would have been cringing)
- GatorCub confused many in the pax by playing for “skins” team while wearing full fledge sweater
- Return to the ring for Recalculating postponed yet again.
- October 7th – UC will be hosting SpeedforNeed at the Susan G. Komen 5K in Charlotte. See pre-blast: http://f3southcharlotte.com/2017/07/16/sfnandheathersheros/
- Keep Amnesia’s M in prayers (Kerry) in process of recovering from surgery
- F3 Sanctuary – Monday 7:30 PM @ Brooklyn Pizza Chapters 18 & 19 Unoffendable (need not read to join)
- Flash Q Signup – Gatorcub will be leading Flash on 7/24, need Q’s for future dates. Please sign up at following link: https://m.signupgenius.com/#!/showSignUp/30E0F49AAAF2BAAFA7-f3flash1
- Transition to new regional websites for backblast and other info has completed away from main F3 website. New regional site is: http://f3southcharlotte.com/