With Thanksgiving less than a week away, 8 men decided to post at Area 51 at 0700 on a frosty, 26 degree Saturday morning. Soccer season is pretty much over, so dad’s had morning open with no pending 2.0 games/practices. SF was planted in the cold turf at McKee Road Elementary and with everyone in tow, Twister led us out on a little jog over to the parking lot by the soccer fields. Circled up for COP:
- SSH x 20 (IC)
- IW x 20 (IC)
- Ski Abs x 14 (IC)
Enough of a warm up, let’s get moving to generate some warmth. Indian Run over to the track.
Line up along the track for a little work on the track infield:
- Karaoke right across the track infield
- Karaoke left back
- Butt Kickers across
- Backwards run back
- Bear Crawl across
- Crab walk back
Partner up along the track for a little partner work:
- P1 wheel barrow across the track infield
- P2 wheel barrow back
- Partners complete 20 Larry Craig’s (Hand slap merkins)
- P1 Partner Carry P2 across the track infield
- P2 Partner Carry P1 back
- Partners complete 20 Larry Craig’s
Jog around the back of the school to the logs:
- 10 Jump-ups
- 20 Donkey Kicks on the back wall of the school
- 10 Step-ups right leg
- 20 Donkey Kicks
- 10 Step-ups left leg
- 20 Donkey Kicks
Grab a piece of wall for People’s Chair:
- PC x 90 sec (Lower your arse 6 in., Arms Out, Left Leg out, Right Leg out)
- PC x 60 sec (Air Press x 30 IC)
Plank for 2 minutes
2nd Half – Abacus on Q
Complete 4 corners around the school building:
- Corner 1 – Dolly x 20 (IC), Flutter x 20 (IC), LBC x 20 (IC)
- Run to Corner 2 (playground behind the school) – Pull-ups x 10, Step-ups x 20, CDD x 20
- Run to Corner 3 at track – 7’s across track infield with Merkins & Squats (1 Merkin/6 Squats, 2 Merkins/5 Squats, . . . . 6 Merkins/1 Squat)
- Jog to Corner 4 at front playground – 10 Pull-ups, 20 Dips, 20 Incline Merkins
- Rinse & Repeat with following exercises in 4 Corners:
- C1 – Rosalita x 20 (IC), Back Scratcher x 20 (IC), CCV x 10R (IC), CCV x 10L (IC)
- C2 – Hanging Knee Raises x 10, Step-ups x 20, CDD x 20
- C3 – 7’s across track infield w/ LBCs & Jump Squats
- C4 – Pull-ups x 10, Dips x 20, Decline Merkins x 20
- Definitely a nip in the air as we gathered around prior to 0700 launch. PAX quickly switching over to winter gear. With that in mind, may want to check out Mudgear website, http://f3.mudgear.com/, for winter gear options.
- Twister definitely had the adrenaline flowing as he led the PAX out to start the workout. Jog over to parking lot for COP was a controlled sprint. Had a nice plan laid out for his 2nd Q.
- Donkey Kong seems to have an extra gear or two whenever the bear crawl is called for. Dude just takes off.
- Joker and Turkey Leg pushing a pretty good pace for the 7’s. Make it look easy even when it’s not.
- Good to have Huggy Bear back out there with us for another weekend beat down. Continues to work hard and put forth a strong effort.
- F3 Area 51 X-mas party is 12/6 at Sycamore Brewery. Signs up and payments through PayPal were due 11/20. Let Prohibition know if you still interested. HCs were due to Brewery by 11/20 deadline, but may still have space available.
- Joe Davis Memorial Resolution Run is scheduled for 1/10/15 in Fort Mill. Options include 1 mile Fun Run, 5k Run/Walk, 10K Run/Walk. Come out and support Area 51 PAX member Rock Thrill and his family as they work to raise awareness about help available for those struggling with addiction. Pre-blast/registration links can be found at: http://f3nation.com/2014/10/17/2015-joe-davis-memorial-run-preblast-registration/
- Chelms and YHC are forming a team, Team Chepul Hill, to participate in Charlotte Brain Tumor Race to help raise money for National Brain Tumor Society. Team Chepul Hill created to support our younger brother, Bill, who is battling brain cancer. Charlotte race will be held 3/21/15 at Marshall Park. Link to our team page can be found at: http://www.braintumorcommunity.org/site/TR?team_id=71982&pg=team&fr_id=2420&et=rooeuNcYZa7hnaNhPhYw_Q
- Area 51 scheduled for normal time next Saturday, 11/29. Lobster Roll is the scheduled Q.