Despite the colder than typical early November temps, 5 PAX made the wise decision to rise early on their Saturday morning and post at Area 51, though we originally started with just 3. We gathered around the VSF as YHC brought the shovel but left the flag in his garage. After brief discussion of how Huggy Bear got his F3 name we headed out into the Gloom to see if we could warm things up a bit.
Warm-up jog around the soccer field and then gather around for COP at end nearest the school. With only 3 of us at the start had to determine where to look as we began the exercises. As Joker mentioned afterwards, feels a bit awkward looking directly at another PAX member but nowhere to hide when only 3 of us to start off. Thankfully, O’Tannenbaum and Donkey Kong arrived 2-3 minutes into the COP and provided a distraction.
- SSH x 20 (IC)
- IW x 20 (IC)
- Low Slow Squat x 20 (IC)
- MC x 20 (IC)
- Parker Peter x 20 (IC)
Head over to light pole at midfield and gather round for the Starfish:
- 5 burpees, run to 1st light pole, 15 wide-arm merkins
- back to midfield, 5 burpees, run to 2nd light pole for 15 squats
- continue pattern with 15 CDD at 3rd light pole, 15 LBC at 4th light pole, 15 hand-release merkins at 5th light pole
- Plank it up at midfield and wait for PAX to finish
Jog over to track for a couple of laps w/ 4 stops each lap for called exercise:
- Lap 1: called exercises in the 4 turns were SSH x 20 IC, Staggered Merkins x 20 (IC) (10R/10L), Squats x 20 OYO, CDD x 15 OYO
- Lap 2: PAX called out exercises in 4 turns, Joker – LBC x 20 IC, Huggy Bear – Lunges x 20 IC, O’Tannenbaum – Diamond Merkins x 10 IC, Donkey Kong – ?
- Lap 3: Run lap with no called exercises in corners
Mosey over to wall at front of school for PC:
- PC x 60 sec (hands out front, hands over head, 15 air presses IC)
- Lunge walk across bus parking lot
- PC x 60 sec (Right leg up, left leg up)
- Lunge walk across bus parking lot
On the move again as we headed to the back playground for some circuit work:
- R1: 10 Pull-ups, 20 Step-ups, 20 Dips
- R2: 10 Pull-ups, 20 Step-ups, 20 Dips
- R3: 10 Pull-ups, 20 Step-ups, 20 Incline Merkins
Time for a little run so we found our way over to the nature trail behind the school:
- Complete loop around trail (if you can follow it with all the fallen leaves) and then complete bear crawl up the hill at the entrance to the trail. LBCs x 30 OYO
Can’t forget the core, so we circled up in the grass behind the right side of the school for 6 MOM:
- Flutter x 20 IC
- Rosalita x 20 IC
- Backscratcher x 20 IC
- CCV x 15R IC
- CCV x 15L IC
Just enough time to wrap up the work-out with some sprint work back on the soccer fields. Line up along the end line at the soccer goal and complete the following:
- Run goalpost to goalpost at 75%
- Run back at 75%
- High Knees halfway, run at 75% for rest
- Butt Kickers halfway, run at 75% for rest
- Karaoke facing the parking lot halfway, sprint 2nd half
- Karaoke facing the woods halfway, sprint 2nd half
- AYG down and back the length of the field
Head back to the launch point
- Goal was to keep the PAX moving with the cooler temps in order to generate some body heat. Mission acccomplished.
- Looked like we were going to have small turn-out at start with just Joker, Huggy Bear, and YHC there as the clock indicated 0700. Donkey Kong and O’Tannenbaum rolled in 2-3 minutes into the COP to fill out the group. With the M out of town/away for the morning, O’Tannenbaum hit the Snooze a couple times before deciding not to mail it in. Glad you both could join us.
- YHC completed trifecta of Qs for the week after subbing in for Bananas on Wednesday at #F3Dromedary and leading #F3Centurion on Friday. Tried to mix it up each day other than some of the COP exercises.
- Thank-you to DK for showing us the way on the trail as YHC was finding it a bit of a challenge to stay on the path with all of the fall leaves covering everything up.
- Nice effort put forth by all the PAX. Thanks for letting me lead.
- HCs needed for F3 Area 51 X-mas party to be held on 12/6/14 at Sycamore Brewery. Deadline for sign ups and payments through Paypal is 11/20/14. Prohibition is event Q.
- Sign-ups ongoing for Joe Davis Memorial Resolution Run to be held 1/10/15 at Baxter Village YMCA in Fort Mill. 5k/10k options with money raised going to benefit Keystone, York County’s local authority on substance abuse and addiction. Sign up and support Area 51’s Rock Thrill and his family as they raise money and awareness for a great cause.
- Turn in those slightly used work-out shoes for the #SoleRedemption shoe drive for Charlotte Rescue Mission. Drive will continue through 11/22.