Friday night YHC tweeted out that the weekly workout known as Area 51 would begin at 0700 and end at 0800 but that what was to happen in between was anybody’s guess. The main reason was YHC was having Q or “writer’s” block and wasn’t sure what he would have the PAX do during the 60 minutes scheduled. However, by the next morning things were much clearer. Arriving with 2 minutes to spare, YHC planted the SF in the ground, greeted the PAX and we were off to see what we could accomplish in 1 hour on a nice fall Carolina Saturday morning.
Head over to the soccer fields for a little warmup run around the perimeter of the fields, mixing in some karaoke, high knees, and butt kickers. Circle up for the COP.
- SSH x 20 (IC)
- IW x 20 (IC)
- Squats x 20 (IC)
- MC x 20 (IC)
- Peter Parker x 20 (IC)
Now that we have the legs warmed up a bit YHC led the PAX over to the stumps behind the school for a round of 4 Corners, this one being 4 Corners around the schoolyard.
- Corner 1 – At the stumps, 10 jump ups on the stumps & 15 tire hops. Plank it up & wait for PAX to finish.
- Corner 2 – Head over to the playground behind the school. 15 hanging knee raises & 20 dips. Plank it up & wait for PAX to finish.
- Corner 3 – Run up to the track in front of the school and line up on track. Bear crawl across the track infield & crab walk back. Plank it up until six is finished.
- Corner 4 – Mosey over to playground in front of school. 10 pull-ups, 20 incline merkins on the curb. Plank one more time until all the PAX are done.
- Head back to the stumps for Round 2.
- Rinse & Repeat, but this time no planking, no waiting. Finish the exercises and move on to the next corner as soon as you are done.
After some good cardio work YHC decided to lead the PAX over to the rock pile to work on the arms and shoulders. Instructions were given to find a rock of suitable size (PAX would not be traveling with rock). Performed the following exercises:
- Rock curls x 20 (IC)
- Rock presses x 20 (IC)
- Triceps extensions x 20 (IC)
- Goblet squats x 20 (IC)
- Drop the rock and head down to end line of soccer field for some sprints. Run out past 1st soccer goal and return (approx 40-45 yards)
- Rinse & repeat x 2 (15 reps (IC) on Rd 2, 10 reps (IC) on Rd 3)
Return rocks to their homes and head over to other end of soccer fields for 6 MOM:
- Dolly x 20 (IC)
- Flutter x 20 (IC)
- LBCs x 25 (IC)
- CCV x 15R (IC)
- CCV x 15L (IC)
Jog back to launch point
- YHC typically has an idea of things to pick from for a workout the night before he Qs. Nothing set in stone, but some general thoughts on things that may challenge/push the PAX. However, as YHC was tweeting out the details for this workout I really didn’t know what I wanted to do for the workout. However, after a good night’s rest, couple good ideas came to mind. Liked the idea of 4 Corners, but wanted to change it up a bit. The four areas around the school grounds lent itself well to this version. Originally planned to have PAX complete AMRAP in given time, but decided 2 rounds was sufficient after we got into it.
- Lobster Roll out in front, as usual, during the 4 corners with Donkey Kong not far behind.
- Good to have Croissant and Picasso back out with us in the GLOOM. Kotters.
- Cold Cuts rounding into shape for strong double down the weekend of 10/25-10/26. He will be running both the Spartan Beast and the Spartan Super.
- Always looking for Q’s at Area 51. Let me know if you have an interest in leading a workout, either all or 1/2, in November or December. Contact me at John.Chepul@ChepulCPA.com
- As always, an honor and a privilege to lead a workout for a solid group of PAX at any of the F3 locales.