Arriving just before the 0700 start time, YHC planted the Area 51 SF in the ground at McKee Rd Elementary and found 8 willing PAX (Incl 1 FNG) ready to get after it for 60 minutes of work. Provided quick disclaimer to the PAX and then we headed out into the muggy GLOOM to see what could be accomplished in an hour on a Saturday morning when the average Joe was still in the fartsack contemplating the meaning of life.
YHC led the PAX on a warm-up jog around the soccer fields, threw in some backwards run, Karaoke, and high knees to get the legs warmed up and then we circled up for COP:
- SSH x 25 (IC)
- IW x 25 (IC)
- Squat x 20 (IC)
- MC x 20 (IC)
- Peter Parker x 20 (IC)
- Parker Peter x 20 (IC)
Mosey over to sidewalk for a little field work to get us going. PAX lined up along the sidewalk for the following:
- Bear Crawl out to light post (approx. 35-40 yards), 25 Merkins, Bear Crawl back, 25 Merkins
- Crab Walk out, 25 Jump Squats, Crab Walk back, 25 Jump Squats
- Burpee broad jump out, 25 CDD, Broad jump back (dropped the burpee), 25 CDD
- Jog out, 25 LBC, Jog back, 25 LBC
Head over to the stumps for a little timed circuit work:
- Step-ups x 20 (on logs)
- Tire Hops x 10
- Dips x 20
- AMRAP in 7-8 minutes. Think everyone completed 3 rounds.
Jog around the backside of school to other end and circle up for 6 MOM:
- Dolly x 20 (IC), hold’em
- Flutter x 20 (IC), hold’em
- Rosalita x 20 (IC)
- Back Scratcher x 20 (IC)
- CCV x 15R, 15L (IC)
- LBC x 20 (IC)
Head to front of the school and line up along the wall behind YHC:
- BTW Wall Walk (15-20 ft), Lunge walk across parking lot, 25 Incline Merkins
- Plank walk w/ feet on wall, Lunge walk across parking lot, 25 Incline Merkins
Head back to the playground at the front of school for a round of 11’s:
- 10 Pull-ups, 1 Dip
- 9 Pull-ups, 2 Dips
- Work you way through to 1 Pull-up, 10 Dips
Find a piece of wall at the front of school for PC:
- PC x 60 secs (w/ arms out front, arms over head, air presses x 20 (IC))
- Lunge walk out to sidewalk & mosey back to wall
- PC x 75 secs (w/ arms out front, arms over head, air presses x 20 (IC))
- Jog it out to parking lot
2 minutes left for a little Mary:
- Dolly x 20 (IC)
- Protractor (6 in, 15 degrees, 45, 60, 90, 45, 15, 45, 60)
- Cold Cuts continues to be the Pied Piper for FNGs for Area 51 AO. Brought out Carmen (Brian K.) this a.m., college buddy (ECU) and owner of Fitness Together studio in Chapel Hill who was in town for a visit. Carmen had to evacuate town with the mass arrival of college kids returning to Chapel Hill for start of Fall Semester. Look for him to join F3Chapel Hill/Durham workouts soon.
- YHC had tweeted that I had not planned much running for this work-out (other than mosey/jogs from one set of exercises to next). Wanted to see if we could still manage O2 deprivation with typical boot camp work-out, minus the running. Hopefully, goal accomplished.
- Donkey Kong has to be one of top Bear Crawlers in Area 51. YHC thought I was moving at a pretty good pace, only to see DK 5-10 feet ahead of me.
- Croissant and Floor Slapper looked strong throughout the work-out, really pushing it on the timed circuit work.
- Another strong showing by Picasso out there at McKee. Another Cold Cuts EH who has become a regular at Area 51. Glad to have you out there brother.
- Congrats to Beaver on finding a position with Clifton Larson Allen. Hope travels don’t keep you from making F3 workouts.
- Mud Run sign-ups still ongoing for 10/4 race down in Winnsboro, SC
- Area 51 Tutoring to be held this fall at Matthews Elementary. Contact Champagne (firstname.lastname@example.org) if interested in helping out or have any questions. We will have training session in the upcoming weeks. Volunteers will need to register with CMS.
- As always, it is a pleasure and an honor to lead one of these workouts for Area 51. Thanks for the encouragement and support and encourage each of the PAX to take a turn leading. Let me know, John.Chepul@ChepulCPA.com, if you would be interested in leading 1/2 of the workout one of these Saturday mornings for Area 51 AO.