With a little rain falling on an unusually mild July morning in the Carolinas, 8 PAX gathered around the SF prior to putting in a good morning’s work at Area 51. As the clock struck 0700 hours, Alf led us out into the misty Gloom to get us started. Here’s how the morning played out:
Alf on Q
Mosey out from the school lot over towards basketball goals. Line up facing playground.
- Karaoke 30 yards down and back
- High knees down, but kickers back
- Shuffle down and back
- Backwards run down and circle up
Now that the muscles are loosened up a bit circle up for COP:
- IW x 20 (IC)
- Squat x 20 (IC)
- Merkin x 15 (IC)
- Peter Parker x 10 (IC)
- Parker Peter x 10 (IC)
- LBC x 20 (IC)
Mosey around back of school to stumps:
- Right leg step up and down into right lunge x 20 OYO
- Left leg step up and down into left lunge x 20 OYO
- Decline Merkins x 20 OYO (feet on stump)
- Full sit ups x 20 OYO (feet inside tires)
- Repeato w/ 15 reps each exercise
- Repeato w/ 10 reps each exercise
Mosey back to trail for a short jog
- Run trail with 30 dips at the end on benches at entrance to trail
- Run trail again and back out to pavement
Plank it up and wait for PAX
Abacus on Q
Let’s head to playground at front of school for some 11’s
- 10 Pull-ups, 1 Jump Squats
- 9 Pull -ups, 2 Jump Squats
- Continue until you wrap it up with 1 Pull-up, 10 Jump Squats
- Plank it up and wait for PAX to complete the 11’s
Jog over to the soccer fields for 6 MOM:
- Dolly x 20 (IC), hold’em for 10 count from Beaver
- Flutter x 20 (IC), hold’em for 10 count from Cold Cuts
- Back Scratcher x 20 (IC)
- CCV x 10R (IC)
- CCV x 10L (IC)
Enough Mary, line up on the field next to back parking lot for the Stack
- Run to 2nd tree (50+ yards), 5 burpees
- Run back to start, 5 burpees, 10 prisoner squats
- Run to 2nd tree, 5 burpees, 10 prisoner squats, 15 CDD
- Run back to start, 5 burpees, 10 prisoner squats, 15 CDD, 20 Sister Mary Catherine
- Rinse & repeat in reverse order (5/10/15/20 reps down to 5 reps)
We have about 3-4 minutes left so head back to launch point for PC
- PC x 60 secs (w/ arms out front, arms over head, and 15 air presses)
- Lunge walk to sidewalk & then mosey back to wall
- PC x 60 secs (w/ right leg up and then left leg up)
Circle up for COT
- Good to see solid 8 men ignoring the rain on a Saturday morning with Twister even riding his bike into the workout. Q (Alf) had planned a bunch of jump ups on stumps, mostly because he hates them, but it seemed like a bad idea in the wet weather. The combo of the step up and lunge is pretty much just as terrible, a long slow burn.
- We had a good pace on the trail where everyone was more than happy to follow the Q (Alf) around the first time to catch the mornings spider webs. Mostly a safe trip until Q caught a big one on the top of the trail at the turn. Alf was still pulling that one off in the car after the workout. Second time around DK didn’t hesitate to cut a corner to take the lead and pace the group out of the woods. He ran like a man who has been chased through the woods before.
- YHC led the PAX to front playground but decided to do a little something different from the typical circuit work. Went with 11’s with pull-ups and jump squats to hit both upper and lower body. Pull-ups are not strong point for YHC and wanted to get in some work here. Cold Cuts and Floor Slapper seemed to make pretty quick work of the combo.
- After a quick 6 MOM, YHC laid out the Stack for the PAX. Nice mix of exercises and some running. Alf and Turkey Leg led the PAX as we powered through this one.
- TCLAPs to Twister for riding road bike into workout and then planning for some additional miles after we were done. Though it was his first time riding in wet weather he seemed to handle it well.
- Continued nice work by Beaver. His 1st post was just about 1 month ago and he is quickly becoming a regular at Area 51.
- F3 Dads continues at Colonel Francis Beatty Park off of Weddington Road each Saturday at 9 a.m., rain or shine.
- Signs up continue for 10/4 Mud Run. Sign up as an individual and teams will be assembled later. Gummy is South Regional Q for Fall Mud Run.
Hope all enjoyed a great weekend.