Belated backblast for Area 51 work-out held 06/28/14. Originally had planned just your normal 60 minute beatdown for the PAX at McKee Road Elementary. However, Yankee and Slapshot had come up with few ideas while conversing over a few cold ones the night before. YHC was happy to turn the Q over after the first 30 for a change of pace. Here’s how the morning unfolded:
Slow jog through the parking lot by the soccer fields and circle up for COP:
- SSH x 20 (IC)
- IW x 20 (IC)
- Squats x 15 (IC)
- MC x 15 (IC)
- Peter Parker x 15 (IC)
- Parker Peter x 15 (IC)
Mosey over to side of parking lot and line up along the curb:
- Forward run across the lot, 10 Burpees, run back, 20 Merkins, run across, 30 Squats, run back to start, Plank it up and wait for PAX to finish
- Rinse & Repeat, w/ backward run replacing forward run, 10 Burpees/20 Merkins/30 Squats
- Rinse & Repeat, w/ karaoke replacing backward run, 10 Burpees/20 Merkins/30 Squats
- Rinse & Repeat w/ forward run, 10 Spartan Burpees/20 Staggered Right Merkins/30 Squats
- Rinse & Repeat w/ forward run, 10 Spartan Burpees/20 Staggered Left Mekins/30 Squats
Worked up a nice sweat so we headed over to front of school for People’s Chair:
- PC x 60 secs (w/ 30 air presses)
- Lunge walk to parking lot
With the first 30 minutes in the books, YHC turned the keys over to Yankee for 2nd half beatdown.
Various kettle bells, dumbbells, and a single 10 lb plate were spread out across the parking lot. PAX partnered up (size does not matter) for some circuit work. Partner 1 performs exercise, Partner 2 runs length of parking lot & back. Flapjack until complete 100 reps of exercise:
- Station 1 – Tricep extension w/ kb
- Station 2 – 2 hand kb swing
- Station 3 – Double kb press
- Station 4 – Upright kb rows
- Station 5 – Double barbell curls
- Station 6 – Farmer Carry w/ kb, partner 2 completes merkins
- Station 7 – Hair burners, partner 2 completes lbcs
PAX rotate between stations until all have hit each station
2-3 minutes left, so circle up for a little Mary:
- LBC x 25 (IC)
- CCV x 10R (IC)
- CCV x 10L (IC)
- YHC originally planned for 60 minute routine with a another round of 50 burpees/100 merkins/150 squats for 2nd half. Thankfully, Yankee requested to lead the 2nd half for a change of pace. KB/dumbbell/hair burner stations were a nice addition to the normal Saturday morning schedule.
- Tclaps to Lobster Roll for wearing 20lb weight vest for this one. It was rather toasty out there.
- Ocho Cinco running strong on the Burpee/Merkin/Squat series in the parking lot along with Floor Slapper and Cold Cuts.
- F3 Dads each Saturday during the summer at Colonel Francis Beatty Park off of Weddington Road from 9 a.m.-10 a.m. Bring out your 2.0s.
- 2nd Annual F3 Camp to be held weekend of Aug 15-17 at YMCA Camp Thunderbird
- Sign up for Mud Run to be held 10/4/14
- July 4th convergence of all Friday work-outs to be held at Calvary, site of The Rock. Bulldog, Runstopper, and Dora will be the workout Qs.
- Area 51 to converge w/ The Rock on 7/5/14