It was the first “official” day of summer and it sure felt like a sauna at Area 51. 8 PAX showed up anyway to get their weekend started off right. As the clock struck 0700, YHC led the PAX on a jog around the soccer fields and we circled up for COP:
- SSH x 20 (IC)
- IW x 20 (IC)
- Squat x 25 (IC, Down on 3/Up on 1)
- Merkins x 20 (IC)
- MC x 20 (IC)
Head over to corner of soccer field for Four Corners:
- Round 1 – Karaoke left to 1st corner, 5 merkins, Backward run to 2nd corner, 5 merkins, Karaoke right to 3rd corner, 5 merkins, Forward run to 4th corner, 5 merkins. Plank and wait for PAX to finish.
- Round 2 – High knees, backward run, butt kickers, forward run with 5 jump squats in each corner
- Round 3 – Slide left, bear crawl, slide right, crab walk with 5 burpees in each corner (that one hurt)
Mosey over to rock pile, grab a rock (size matters as we will be moving), and head back to sideline of soccer field:
- Rd 1 – 5 rock curls, run to midfield w/ rock, 10 rock curls, drop rock & run to other sideline, run back to midfield for 15 rock curls, run back to start w/rock
- Rd 2 – Push Presses
- Rd 3 – Goblet Squats
- Rd 4 – Tricep extensions
Return the rocks to rock pile and jog to playground behind school for 6 MOM:
- Dolly x 20 (IC), hold’em for 10 count
- Flutter x 20 (IC), hold’em for 10 count
- LBC x 25 (IC)
- Rosalita x 20 (IC)
- CCV x 10 R (IC)
- CCV x 10L (IC)
Move the party over to the stumps for a little circuit work:
- 10 jump ups on stumps, 10 tire hops, head down trail to benches, 20 dips, 20 decline merkins
- Rinse & repeat x 2 (after locating Gobbler & Beaver who went for a little extra credit run on Nature Trail)
Mosey to front of school and circle up for Jack Webb:
- 1 merkin/4 air presses up to 10 merkins/40 air presses
One minute left so AMRAP burpees for final minute
- Summer made its presence felt as everyone was drenched by the end of this one.
- Good to have McGee out with us as he made a guest appearance at Area 51, stopping by for a pit stop on his way to the beach. Guy is strong and out front for much of the morning, though he did admit that planking may be his kryptonite.
- Welcome to Beaver (FNG, Kyle Conn). EH’d by Patrick O’Boyle of F3Metro.
- Had to send out a search party for Beaver and Gobbler after 1st round of circuit work. They took a detour onto the Nature Trail rather than making a left back to the stumps.
- Nice work by all the PAX on a hot summer morning in the Carolinas.
- F3 Dads has begun. Held each Saturday during the summer from 9:00-10:00 a.m. at Colonel Francis Beatty Park. Meet at the ball fields near the large playground.
- Sign up for the fall edition of the Mud Run to be held 10/4/14. Sign up now and teams will be formed later.
- F3 Dads Camp to be held August 15-17 at Camp Thunderbird. Sign up is available on the F3 website.