(Posted on behalf of Floor Slapper)
10 dedicated gentlemen braved the rain and completed the Murph workout. Actually, the rain held off until Tool Time’s late arrival which brought the heavy rain and wind. Here’s what transpired:
Jog over to teacher’s parking lot for COP:
- SSH x 20 (IC)
- IW x 20 (IC)
- Squats x 20 (IC)
- Merkins x 15 (IC)
Enough of a warm-up, let’s get to the main event:
- 1 mile run (run to the fire station and through the back entrance of neighborhood & then back to playground)
10 sets of 10/20/30 reps of the following:
- 100 pull-ups
- 200 merkins
- 300 squats
Finish it up with:
- 1 mile run (same route)
- With the premiere of “Lone Survivor” on everyone’s mind, PAX that returned early headed back out to regroup with those still out on the route to finish up the run #NOMANLEFTBEHIND #BROTHERHOOD
Still have 20 minutes left so hit the parking lot for 6 MOM:
- LBCs x 20 (IC)
- Dolly x 20 (IC)
- Mason Twist x 20 (IC)
- Freddie Mercury x 20 (IC)
Head over to front of school for PC:
- PC x 60 sec (w/ Air Presses, drop ’em 3 inches, etc)
- Decline Merkins x 20 (OYO)
- PC x 60 sec
Mosey over to track for 4 corners:
- 1 lap around track with 10 Frog Kicks, 10 Jump Squats, 10 Merkins, & 10 Burpees at the corners
3/4 sprint back to the launch point
Finish with lunge walk musical chairs until everyone found a spot in COT
- This morning’s workout was definitely conducted in the GLOOM. Not a dry spot to be found after the past 24 hours of heavy rainfall & PAX quickly found themselves in deluge 5-10 minutes into the workout as the skies let loose another round of showers. Fortunately, lightening stayed off in the distance.
- Fraiser, Lobster Roll & Alf led the PAX on the 1 mile bookend runs for the Murph.
- Strong effort by all the PAX on the circuit work to quickly complete the 100/200/300 reps at the playground.
- Floor Slapper called for one more exercise, Squats, as he headed over to his car to grab his phone to record who was in attendance. PAX must have thought this one was optional as all declined the invitation.
- Several of the PAX enjoyed some 2nd F at Dunkin Donuts afterwards.
- Let Baracus know your interest level (None, Maybe, Looking Forward to It) in participating in Blue Ridge Relay next September.
- Check weekly e-mail and website for additional news.