12 PAX, including 1 FNG, ignored #Cantorre and their #Fartsacks and posted at Death Valley for their #DownPAINment. Here’s how it went down.
- SSH x 19 (Bobby Ojeda)
- IW x 16 (Dwight Gooden)
- Merkins x 12 (Ron Darling)
- LBCs x 50 (Sid Fernandez)
- Burpees OYO x 5 (Davey Johnson)
Mosey to the track and partner up, size and speed does not matter. Run in opposite directions, meet and perform the total number of reps of called exercise.
- Merkins x 25
- Wide Arm Merkins x 25
- Diamond Merkins x 25
- Merkins x 25
Finish up with 8 merkins OYO for a total of 108, the number of wins for the 86′ Mets.
People’s Chair (aka “The Semi-Gloss)
Head back towards Semi-Gloss’ office, the bathrooms, for some shelter and 3 rounds of the People’s Chair, 2 with Air Presses x 50.
Play ball! (well not really)
Mosey up and pick out a cinder block, wait, no blocks Audible #1, find a lifting rock and head down to the ball field, which was not covered by the crack SCMS grounds crew and thus Audible #2 was called. Partner 1 runs to the loop from the bleacher up and around the stairs, Partner 2 does called exercise AMRAP with the coupon, flapjack.
- Round 1- Curls
- Round 2- Overhead Press
- Round 3- Tricep Extensions
- Flutters x 17 (Keith Hernandez)
- Rosalitas x 18 (Daryl Strawberry)
- LBCs x 15 (George Foster, traded mid-season)
- Dolleys x 8 (Gary Carter)
- Strong work by the PAX in less than desirable conditions, there are no rain delays in F3.
- YHC is a long suffering Mets fan and wanted to put together a workout with a 1986 Mets and baseball theme. The odd rep counts represent jersey numbers (see above) for the illustrious 86′ Mets, with the exception of George Foster, that was not intentional.
- The field conditions, no big surprise here, and the missing cinder blocks resulted in the audibles, luckily plenty of options with this AO.
- Skywalker was asking for some shelter early on, it came eventually, you’re welcome.
- Turkey Leg was out front leading PAX as usual.
- TCLAPS to Peacock-FNG for posting in these conditions, no excuses going forward, see you again soon.
- YHC stayed up way too late watching the World Series, thanks to Puddin’ Pop for sticking with me this morning.
- Many PAX stayed in their dry cars as long as they could before venturing out, you’re going to get wet no matter what, it’s inevitable.
- Nice drive-by from Fireman Ed who swung by to say hello before heading out to some ESPN event, #LikelyStory.
- Thanks to Skywalker for taking us out.
- Thanks to Stagecoach and Semi-Gloss for the opportunity to lead and please sound off with any mumble chatter.