COT on the move
Mosey aimlessly along the road looking for places to start the beat down. I have to admit it has been a while since I lead a workout, so I tried to temper my zeal by kicking everyone in the teeth (including myself) in this COT:
- SSH x20, Mosey
- IW x20, 10 Burpees (OYO)
- 10 Burpees (OYO)
Circle up near chick-Fil-A
- LBC x40, 10 Burpees
- Slow Squat x30, 10 Burpees (OYO)
- Mirkens x25, 10 Burpees (OYO)
Locate a wall – found said wall in the courtyard at Starbucks. Queue a series of songs that could be considered ‘classic’ from the outside speakers. While listing to Kris Kristofferson’s classic hit from 1979 ‘SAILING’ we started three sets of the following:
- Dirkens x25
- LBCs x25
- Incline Mirkens x25
Mosey across Ballantine Commons to St. Matthews Catholic Church
- Locate a rock – mosey to the wall, rock above your head
- Wall Sit for a VERY long 3 minutes
- While sitting, hold rock in front of body .30 secs; raise rock overhead .30 secs- rest
- Rinse and repeat.
Mosey back to the drainage ‘ditch’ Circle up for Jack Webb with a Rock
- 1 Mirken AND 4 over head presses
- 2 Mirkens AND 8 over head presses, etc..
- Up to 10 Mirkens AND 40 over head presses
Form two lines for Indian run back to the parking lot.
Last 5 light poles were the scene of a horrific plan gone wrong. YHC decided to add 25 Mirkens per light pole as a punishment to myself for focusing on running these past few months and not my guns/chest.
- Running in hot from a local hotel in Ballantine was Floppy Disk, from Lexington. Great to see you post out here with us today. Hope to see you again soon. Extra credit, yes he ran back to his hotel when we finished up.
- The security guard at St, Matthews was eyeing us closely; I guess he figured we were harmless, after all how could we be planning some kind of criminal act when we all had rocks held above our heads along the sidewalk.
- Mic Check, was really digging the tunes. I think he was singing Katy Perry’s song ‘I’m Awake’ while Fire Hazard and Madame Tussaud were in the middle of a fantasy about girls kissing girls.
- Q’s needed at the Maul – sign up link on the schedule page (Sign-up Genius) or contact Madame Tussaud and or Wingman to get added to the schedule.
- Mud Run training – Fridays at F3TheBrave at 5:15 am launch at the Vine.
Solid work by all today and a great way to start the day!
Run Stopper aka, Stop Running aka Webster