Just like Marshawn Lynch, we all have to do things ‘just because’. My burden happens to be the Chiseled back blast. Imagine how insane it is to ask someone who has been absent forever (injury, laziness, cold, <insert other excuse here>) to Q, and then insist on a back blast to boot? Well, that’s exactly what @Exlax decided would be prudent to do. So, in order to not get fined, here it goes.
Before the fun, welcome to our FNG Khaki (State Farm Agent).
After hearing that @Rudy made himself puke with some tire carries, I knew that was going to be the central piece of this morning. Other than that, what seemed like an organized wenkie turned out to be not so much. The goal was simple – partner up and carry one of the large tires around Mt Chiseled. Everyone else would alternate exercises with a coupon
My 1st error was thinking 2 people could carry the tires
My 2nd was that we could get around Mt. Chiseled quickly
After listening to non-stop complaining about the above plan, we called an end to that and took a mosey to the 5 Stones entrance for some Mary. From there, it was a jail break back to the coupons where we did a round robin of the above exercises. Time was almost up, so it was a rifle carry of the coupons back to their resting spot, where everyone thought the fun had ended. However, I was not about to bring the tires back alone, and with 4 minutes left, decided it was best to have teams carry them back, relieving one another after a short suicide to the gravel and back until the tires were safely stowed.
That’s about it. Not sure how it was perceived by others, but for someone who has been in and out lately, it was enough…
How could YHC pass up an opportunity to Q Homecoming and return to the scene of the crime. Posse gave a pre-post disclaimer that this may be your last opportunity to post at Homecoming with the track just calling my name. Add to that the fact that the gates were unlocked and open, and it seemed like the planets were certainly for what could be our last Homecoming dance…
9 Pax decided to brave the elements on a warm but wet morning to run suicides up and down Paxhaw ridge. Given the Q was not announced and the forecast called for thunderstorms all morning, I was shocked to pull up at 5:13:30 to 8 PAX anxiously waiting for someone to claim the Q spot. This left 90 seconds for DiCCS, which was given and we were off:
– Quick lap around Hickory Tavern to circle up in the Target parking lot
– 25 SSH IC
– 10 Merkins IC
– Calf stretches (100% mandatory at all AOs – at least they should be)
– Quad stretch
– Mosey to the top of Paxhaw ridge (Blackwood & Springwood Dr in the Wesley Oaks neighborhood)
– Run down Paxhaw Ridge to stop sign – 5 burpees at each intersection (20 total)
– Suicides back up Paxhaw Ridge
* 10 speed skaters (each leg) at each light
* Return to start / 10 jump squats
* Repeat = total of 10 lights
– Quick mosey back to start to end at exactly 45 min
– I’m always amazed at how long it takes to run up/down this hill, which is sneaky hard. I actually had another full segment of exercises to call, but the suicides took the full time – not due to lack of effort from the PAX (which was great this morning), but just the shear suckery of this hill…
– Great job by all, but especially Transporter, who despite a knee injury, lead the way the whole time and was the only 1 to get the full 10 lights in…
– It was great to see some new faces (Blades of Glory, Nails) as well as Asylum regulars (Shop Dawg, Posse, Transporter, Chastain, and Dana)
– Bottle Cap would be proud that there was no form policing this morning – just a lot of encouragement
– Document your goals on Posse’s spreadsheet to be held accountable – this is the year you could actually keep them and accomplish what you’re after!
– Gremlin coming up this Saturday (Zinfandel shared the link) – Let’s get a big Waxhaw showing
– Thank you to all who joined Saturday’s folding party – 250 (did not #fuse that number) bins were filled. Amazing turnout and accomplishment by all who participated!
Sitting around the house one night, a horrible thought occurred to me – how horrible would it be to do a workout almost solely in the plank position. Not having the capacity to simply discard such an evil thought, I made the mistake of reaching out to Chastain, letting him know I had a horrible idea for a 0.0 workout. Obviously lacking common sense as well, he immediately added me to today’s Q rotation at Diesel and today’s beatdown was born. In order to make this truly disgusting, I asked my 15 year old daughter to build a playlist to coincide with this terrible idea. She did not disappoint; creating a Spotify playlist consisting of amazing artists such as One Direction, Harry Styles, Melanie Martinez, and Billie Eilish. Pain for both the body and soul….
Being a site Q for Asylum means that my Monday options are typically limited to Asylum or Asylum. However, with Banjo set on Q and co-site Q Swimmers an HC for posting, I accepted Gerber’s invite to Q Ignition on this extremely warm December morning.
I’m guessing Gerber wanted an easy way to start the week by asking a fat, non-runner who has had very limited posts in the past 2 months to Q a running AO. Add to that the fact that my only other Ignition Q was met with mixed reviews (7 miles, but very few exercises…), and our new local crazy guy who apparently loves his sleep, and you had the makings of a potential disaster. Even so, I decided to accept Gerber’s challenge and lead this awesome AO.
To celebrate my 99th Q (not a real number, but stating the number of times you Q seems to be the thing these days), I wanted to accomplish what I THINK was a Floater 1st and hit all 3 of our nastiest hills – Bad Idea, Bad Idea 2 (aka FU Hill), and the infamous original Keith Jong Hill. This was going to be a monumental task given the distance that needed to be covered while still allowing time for pain stations. However, after being challenged to have both mileage and hills, I finalized my weinke, assuming I would have to audible along the way.
DiCCS given, along with a warning that we were covering some miles and would need to work at a quick pace today.
14 men braved the gloom this morning for a few laughs as we killed our abs and non-pushing muscles (aka backs and biceps). This was admittedly, not a typical Q for me as there were 0 burpees, 0 touching, and ended up being sub 2 miles. I hope it still translated into a hard workout, but that will be determined as everyone tries to get out of bed tomorrow morning.
Prayer Requests / Announcements: