It’s hard to believe it’s been 19 years. Today we reflected on innocent lives lost and the heroes who ran into those buildings to rescue and save those inside. In memory of the fallen, we conducted this morning’s workout in silence. Only my cadence and commands were heard as we took time to reflect and remember.
Mosey across 51 and over to the Charlotte Catholic deck. Up stairwell #1. CoP on top level.
Warm-Up Exercises in cadence:
- SSH x 9
- IW x 11
- Merkins x 9
- Peter Parker x 11
- LSS x 9
- Burpees x 11 (OYO)
Mosey back down the stairs to the entrance
WAVE 1: Catch me if you can (Partner Up)
- P1 Starts running backwards up the short ramps to the 4th floor
- P2 9-count American Hammers, then runs to catch P1
- Flapjack once P2 catches P1
- Repeat until you reach the top. Was ready to plank for the six but everyone was hustling this morning.
- Back down to the first floor for Round #2, this time 11 CDDs between runs.
Back down Stairwell #1 and across to the stadium fence. 9 WWII Sit-ups, 11 Leg Lifts, toes all the way to the fence (2 Sets).
Mosey over to Stairwell #2
WAVE 2: Deck Routine (Same Partners)
- Starting at Stairwell #2, 9 Merkins each
- P1 runs up Stairwell #1 to 2nd floor, P2 runs up Stairwell #3 to 2nd floor
- Meet back at Stairwell #2, complete 11 burpees each
- Run down to 1st floor, 9 Merkins each
- Next set, 3rd Floor with 11 Jump Squats, back to 1st floor, 9 Merkins each
- Last set, 4th Floor with 11 LBCs, back to 1st
- Mary while we wait for the six.
Back across to the stadium fence. 9 WWII Sit-ups, 11 Leg Lifts holding the fence.
Getting close to 6:00am so we detoured from the schedule to avoid the incoming teacher vehicles and headed over to the rock pile on McMahon St. It was at this point that Hops blew a wheel coming in hot to the rock pile. Wisely opted to walk it off rather that push through. Mermaid, being the solid Site Q he is, left no man behind and took off with Hops.
WAVE 3: Rock Work
- Pick a lifting rock to your choosing. (Took some longer than expected as the PAX are getting very particular about their rocks lately)
- 9 Curls, 11 Chest Presses, 9 Triceps Extensions, 11 Squats (2 Sets)
- Take a lap around the traffic circle
- 1 more rock set of the above followed. Replace your rock. (Not as much care was taken when replacing rocks as there was when selecting)
AYG down to Hwy. 51 and then mosey back to Launch Point
Mary until time is called
- 9-count LBCs
- 11-count Freddy Mercuries
- 5-count Windshield Wipers
Called time and COT.
- Not a lot to contribute here as we conducted the entire workout in silence (aside from my cadence calls and instructions)
- Each man got after it this morning and it seems that everyone put the mumblechatter energy back into their workout.
- Always appreciate the opportunity to lead the men of Centurion. Thanks Mermaid and Margo.