3 pax showed up at Calvary this morning at 0700 not to chase Benny around Bevington, but to swing bells. Doubles, to be precise. After a disclaimer whose thoroughness was inversely correlated to the experience level of the pax, we got right to it.
- SSH x 20 IC
- Windmills x 10 IC
- Prying squats x 2
Neupert: 5 sets of 2 double clean and double press
- 10 x double swings
- 10 x double front squats
- 10 x see-saw presses (5 per side)
- 10 x lawnmowers per side
- 10 x merkins on the bells
Do this for 15:00 (3 rounds). I think each set was intended to be completed without putting the bells down, but we all took a break after the squats each round so our hearts didn’t explode.
- 2 sets of 5 sumo deadlifts
- 2 sets of double floor (ground) press
- 2 sets of 5 upright rows
- 4 sets of single snatches (5+5, 6+6, 7+7, 8+8)
- Cook drill – waiter carry until you need to lower to the rack. Racked carry until you need to lower to the suitcase. Start with left hand, then rest before returning with the right hand.
- 1:00 plank on the bell handles: 0:15 high, 0:15 middle, 0:15 low, 0:15 middle
- American Hammer x 10 per side
- Box cutters x 20 OYO
- Plank until time’s up
COT with the RockZero pax where Hoover took us out.
- Blood drive at Brace Y on 2/19.
- Keep Bout Time’s 2.0, Jennings, in your prayers as he battles leukemia. Let Mermaid know if you’re looking for a way to help the family out.
- YHC left plenty of time to get to Calvary by 0700 this morning. Unfortunately, I pulled on to 51 behind a couple of cars, including Geraldo, who was Sunday driving (5 below the speed limit!). I guess upstate NY drivers don’t all speed like their Manhattan brethren. I had bells to unload before the workout, so I passed him when the opportunity presented itself (only to get stuck at the light at Rea). I made it there at about 6:58, so crisis averted.
- Unplugged was the first one there this morning. He’s back at Olympus now that it’s too cold for pickleball with his M. The man loves deadlifts and squats, so I think he enjoyed it. He was throwing around some big bells.
- This was Frehley’s first kettlebell post in 2021 after posting at 5 boot camps this week and Qing 2 of them! The last time YHC saw him was for the 12 days of Christmas workout on the 27th. That one left a mark!