YHC pulled into the lot around 0500 and it was eerily quiet out there. Usually, there’s a herd of Swifters heading out for a pre-run, but they must have decided the extra 1.3 miles wasn’t necessary this morning. Atlas was there, but after getting out to check the temperature, he opted for 15 more minutes of warmth. Cooter2 climbed out of his car at 0502 and we headed out for pre-mosey at 0503. When we got back to the lot, 8 studs joined us for the main event.
Disclaimer: I’m not a professional, etc.
Warm-up jog along Ballantyne Commons, at which point Mighty Mite started complaining that he didn’t like where things were headed. To throw him off the scent, we turned right on Rushmore to circle up for COP in the parking lot:
- SSH x 16 IC
- IW x 10 IC
- LSS x 10 IC
- LSMerkins x 12 IC
Mosey to the base of Ben Nevis to crush the pax’s spirits.
20 dips, 10 derkins, 10 split squats per leg, the mosey up the hill to the first lot on the right. Plank for the six. Run back down to the bottom and repeato the set. This is where Cooter2 decided discretion was the better part of valor and headed back to the launch rather than risking a hip injury.
Mosey to the pond at Rushmore and Harney where the pax planked up again for instructions.
Partner up (size and speed don’t matter). P1 does called exercise and P2 runs around the pond (bear crawl the bridge). Flapjack until the required number of reps are completed:
Each pax rounded the pond twice during this circuit.
Mosey up Harney and turn left, quick plank to wait for the six, then take the next right. Duck into another lot for more Mary (hollow body hold) while we wait for the six. Mosey back to the launch and circle up for more Mary:
- Merkin wave
- LBC x 20 IC
- Box cutters x 15 IC
- Flutters x 15 IC
Circle up with the Swift pax (Frazier, Bunker, Paper Jam, Atlas, and Bratwurst) – thanks to Paper Jam for the take out.
- Please be mindful of the social distancing mandate issued by the Governor.
- Please keep Bout Time and his family in your thoughts and prayers as his 2.0, Jennings, undergoes a relapse of his leukemia. There’s a sign-up genius on Slack if you have the ability to perform some yard work for the family during a very difficult time.
- Per Bratwurst: Project 658 (an east Charlotte ministry that serves kids and poverty-stricken families, many from refugee families) is in need of winter clothes for kids and teens – if you have any gently-used winter gear – jackets, gloves, hats, etc. — please bring it next Tuesday Dec 15 and Citgo will collect it and pass it along.
- Per Brushback: Brookstone School (a Christian school providing educational opportunities for under-served students in Uptown) is fundraising as it tries to increase enrollment from ~190 to 250 students over the next few years. Please reach out to him with interest or questions. Details on the school can be found here.
- Thanks to Cooter2 for the invitation to Q Bagpipe. As I told him on the pre-run, I had never Qed at Bagpipe and wasn’t sure I’d ever posted there. If I have, it’s been a long time. It was good to have a chance to catch up with Cooter2 on our pre-run. He reminded me that he still had my 35# KB, which is always good to know (I’ve loaned out so many KBs that I’ve started to lose track).
- We ended up getting about 3 miles of running, which is pretty solid for a 45-minute boot camp. Some of the pax seemed to think the running was excessive as there were cries of “This isn’t Swift!” and “Please don’t come back!” this morning. Your feedback is appreciated and will be given the consideration it deserves.
- It was great to have a #kotters carpool this morning with Pulled Pork and Brushback emerging from retirement to post this morning. Brushback recently bought Frehley’s house, so he’s officially an SOB – please stay on him so he doesn’t sneak back away to solo workouts!
- I don’t know about the rest of the pax, but I felt Kirby’s support from the fartsack this morning.
- Thank you for following my lead this morning. Hopefully it was worth getting up early for it. SYITG!