17 lab rats unknowingly signed up for an experimental workout involving 45 minutes of partner workout… not with another pax, but with 2 bricks… one in each hand. (Unlike that fratter initiation ritual you were a part of in the ’90s, there was no duct tape securing a 40oz malt bev to each hand, but rather a cold hard 5lb chunk of masonry. Not nearly as refreshing, but less likely to make you pee yourself and wake up in the hall with sharpie all over your face, so you’ve got that going for you already).
- COP in bus lot
- Straight leg toe touches
- Peter Merkins
- Yogi squat
- Crow pose (yes, Semi-Gloss, I have been watching a lot of You-tube lately. And yes, Queen, I think I achieved the highest refusal rate of all time with this move)
- Circuit 1 (3 rounds)
- 20 Thrusters
- 20 Abyss Merkins
- 20 American Hammers
- Run to end of lot and back
- 1st one done start LBCs
- Circle up for more experiments
- Punch kicks w/ bricks
- RDLs (both legs)
- Low slow abyss merkins
- Plank o Rama
- Line up on long side of the bus lot
- Lunge walk across and and do 5 bodybuilders (yes, with the bricks)… mosey back. Repeato 3X
- Mary at the finish
- Take a lap around the school (yes, w/ the bricks)
- Mosey to the wall
- Wall sit w/ presses (yes, w/ bricks)
- Off the wall for reverse flies (Hold for 3-ct)… possibly on one leg
- Wall sit w/ punches (yes, w/ bricks)
- Off the wall for reverse flies
- Wall sit w/ curls (yes, w/ bricks… please stop asking me)
- Return to launch for Mary – LBCs and star crunch
- 5 burpees OYO
- Brandi texted me the night before requesting a wardrobe consultation. (I’m no fashionista, but I generally go with “functional” when selecting my workout gear)
- Beetlejuice said that my patented “Peter Merkins” are actually called “Supermans”. I’m not sure that’s accurate… perhaps Beetlejuice is just a big Soulja Boy fan.
- During the lap around the school, I noticed Puddin Pop walking toward the back field. I was concerned he was nursing an injury and modifying as necessary, but it turn out he just had a serious turtlehead situation going on and couldn’t find a porta potty (back field near the woods, Puddin! Next time, just ask anyone with a 3yr old in the neighborhood… we know all porta potty locations like the back of our hands)
- To whoever broke my bricks during the reverse flies… you break it, you buy it! I’m tacking it onto your F3 dues!
- To Geraldo and Snowflake, if you recognize this workout, yes, I did something similar at Rockzero back in June, but it was “Edward Brickhands”. TOTALLY different! And since Slingshot gave me grief for not titling it “Edward Brickyhands”, and since he’s probably never even heard of the movie “Edward Scissorhands”, and since he doesn’t understand proper grammatical translation, and since he’s probably the only pax still reading this, I dedicate this post title to you.
- Welcome FOCKER to your first Hydra post. (When it comes to F3, remember… It’s just a game, Focker!)
- Blood Drive on 10/23
- Your prayers have been answered… Sprockets is leaving town. Moving to Boone in December… New Site Q TBA. House for sale in OP gets listed today… tell all your friends!
Thanks to Runstopper and Cottonmouth for giving me the opportunity to Q, and thanks to Spankler for the solid take-out.
Proud to be F3,