4 pax (as expected) gathered at Calvary this morning for a bell extravaganza in refreshingly cool temps. After weeks of swings, YHC thought it might be fun to bring out some bigger bells for the pax to try. High Tide confirmed he would be in attendance via text the night before and offered to bring some of his big bells as well. He also brought some much-needed sanity to the number of reps we’d be performing.
- SSH x 10 IC
- Windmills x 10 IC
- 20 swings OYO
- 10 swings with the 48kg/108# bell
- 10 swings with the 44kg/97# bell
- 15 swings with the 40kg/88# bell
- 15 swings with the 36kg/79# bell
- 25 swings with the 32kg/70.5# bell
- 25 swings with the 28kg/62# bell
- 50 swings with the 24kg/53# bell
- 50 swings with the 20kg/45# bell
Repeato for 400 total swings.
We finished a little early, so Alf and Madison performed various exercises while High Tide and YHC decided to start again from the top and get through the 2 sets of 25 for an even 500 swings.
COT with RockZero. Thanks to Sprockets for the takeout.
- Thanks to the pax for coming out and trying something new. With all the swings we’ve been doing, YHC thought it would be fun to have a less-structured day with some bigger bells. It helps the pax understand what they’re capable of and makes your “heavy bell” feel much lighter.
- Alf made the mistake of showing up at Olympus on the wrong day, but he gamely played along. He got a few swings in on the big boys and crushed the rest of the bells.
- Madison took his turn on all of the bells and was looking strong out there this morning. Hopefully he’ll be able to keep up with his pace group tomorrow on their 35-mile ride.
- High Tide loves big bells and he cannot lie. He skipped the 20 OYO swings so he could have the first shot at the 48 and he set the pace on the rest of the swings.
- Sign up to donate blood on 10/23 at the Brace (formerly Siskey) YMCA. Search for Mighty Mite on Slack to find the preblast.
- October is Give2Give month for the F3 Foundation. If you’re able, please try to make a donation to support the professionalization of the foundation. More details here.