The Pax: Sensei, Slim Fast (R), Smokey (R), Hair Band, Lois, Tweetsie, Snoopy, Geraldo (QIC)
8 PAX gathered in the parking lot next to Seaboard, AKA Peak 51’s temporary home, for their #DRP and at 0530 we were off.
We moseyed over to the parking lot behind the office buildings across the street from the church for COP
- SSH x 20
- Imperial Walkers x 20
- Windmills x 20
- Squats x 20
- Merkins x 10
We headed over to the parking lot for an Area 51 favorite, the Triple Nickel, 5 merkins at the bottom, 5 merkins at the top for 5 rounds.
We jogged over to the hill behind the baseball field for a little Jacob’s Ladder, 1 Carolina Dry Dock at the bottom, 6 lunges (each leg) at the top.
Since we were already there we stayed at the bleachers for some circuit work, 3 rounds.
- Incline Merkins
- Step ups
When the moved over to the school building and grabbed some wall and two rounds of arm raises. After that, we headed back to the launch point, stopping for some Mary along the way. When we arrived back at the start point, there was still some time on the clock, so we ran a couple of gassers for good measure.
- Flutter kicks x 20
- Rosalita x 20
- Dollies x 20
- It was great to be back and Peak 51, always feels like home when I have a chance to Q.
- YHC pulled in to find a fair amount of cars, with Peak 51 and Sparta there were 20 Pax combined.
- First thing I noticed was Hair Band sporting a ruck, but he wisely put that away since we were going to move around some. He did get a little pre-ruck in though.
- Good to see Tweetsie make his way back to Area 51 even after moving to Metro region, #Loyalty
- Sensei’s COVID beard game is strong, he’s going to give ZZ Top a run for their money.
- YHC thought it would be nice to return to Peak’s pre-COVID stomping grounds, it’s a real nice AO, hope they move back there sometime soon.
- Smokey threw YHC off by consistently asking if each leg counted as one or if two legs counted as one during the lunges, so much so that I headed back down the hill before finishing my set.
- Snoopy was out there giving it his best, I hadn’t seen him in a while, glad to see he’s still getting after it.
- I think Slim Fast’s hair turned gray since COVID started.
- Smokey was getting after it during the gassers, I truly think he pulled a rope-a-dope on me and hit that extra gear at the end, nice job!
- Speaking of Smokey, he doesn’t know who Abe Vigoda was, check out Barney Miller or The Godfather my friend. Barney Miller has one of the best bass lines ever.
- Lois never ceases to amaze the pax with his trivia knowledge, he’s on my team any day for trivia night. He also had the best line this morning about a swing vote, I may just have to steal it.
- We always encounter a Matthews Elementary staff member when we’re in the People’s Chair, it never fails.
- Thanks to Slim Fast for taking us out.
- Thanks to Sensei and Lois for the opportunity to lead and please sound off with any mumble chatter.