9 PAX made their way to #F3Skunkworks for some KB work on a pretty muggy, yet clear day, of which there have been few. Here’s how it went.
The PAX was properly disclaimed and took off for a lap around the track without our bells.
- SSH x 20 IC
- Imperial Walkers x 20 IC
- Merkins x 15 IC
- Squats x 20 IC
We returned to our bells, and proceeded to complete 2 rounds of Upper Body, Lower Body, and Core exercises cycling through in that order. In between we took a lap around the track.
- Thrusters x 15
- Curls x 15
- Rollers x 10
- Burpees x 10
- Bell to Toe Levers x 15
- Squats x 20
- Lunges x 20 (10 each leg)
- LBCs x 15
- Swings x 20
- 4 ct Flutter Kick with bell press x 20
- Loganis x 15
- Hello Dollies with bell press x 15
- Flutters (no bell) x 15 IC
- LBCs x 15 IC
- Great effort by the PAX today, it was somewhat chatty, but they got right down to it.
- YHC doesn’t normally post to Kettlebell workouts, much to the dismay of the hardcore meatheads, but Skunkworks used to by in regular routine and was the first AO of my first post.
- I hoped to add some variety to the Kettlebell crowd by looking through some of the Heavy Drop Training (HDT) program workouts. The program is broken out by muscle groups, Upper Body, Lower Body, and Core. Each day is focused on one group, 4-5 exercises for 3-5 sets, and done with body weight only, or with a Ruck/Sandbag. It’s a good program that I saw real improvements by the end. For this workout, I mixed all the muscle groups into one workout so we’d get a taste for all flavors.
- The KB rollers were a #CrowdPleaser, especially for those pax working with a heavier bell. They do suck quite a bit
- Horsehead said I kept confusing my bell for my ruck, it’s true, and happened several times.
- Boondock keeps posting and getting stronger, good work.
- Horsehead kept calling my 30# bell my weird bell, as in the the bell I did the weird exercises with.
- That track is a bit dodgy, plenty of chances to roll one’s ankle.
- Still not used to seeing Lois without Tweetsie since he moved to Metro. It’s like when Martin and Lewis or Abbot and Costello broke up, just not the same.
- Stone Cold kept called for some snatches and cleans, but my back doesn’t like them very much. #Cobains
- #Kotters to Dora for posting at Skunkworks for the first time in a long time. Thus the 20# bell.
- Thanks to Stone Cold for the solid take out.
- Thanks to Funky Cold and Tulip for opportunity to lead and please sound off with any mumble chatter.
- Kevlar convergence 7/3 0600 Hops & Ductwork Q