After 2.5 weeks away, it was good to get back out there with the pax to swing some bells at Meathead. I got there a little early to do some jump rope warm up with Rocky Balboa, I mean Wild Turkey. Unplugged was also out there doing some yoga to warm up the spine. We ended up being joined by a large number of pax, including site FNGs Kelly and Sweeney Todd. We also had a couple of otters in Smokey and Victoria.
- SSH x 15 IC
- IW x 15 IC
- Windmills x 10 IC
- 2 sets of 10 swings
- 2 sets of 10 merkins
Repeato x 5. After each round of swings, perform a kettlebell complex (swing, high pull, snatch, clean, squat, press) with your non-dominant arm. After each round of merkins, perform the same complex with your dominant arm.
Overhead carries – 1:00 out with the non-dominant arm, 1:00 rest, 1:00 back with the dominant arm, 1:00 rest. Repeato.
Mary: 1:00 each of elbow plank, hollow body holds, and glute bridges
COT: Take a knee and thanks to Wild Turkey for the take out.
- Kirby and Strawberry Are organizing a 5k/10k around the Bull Ring on July 18th. The entry fee is $33.33 and almost every penny will go to local charities. Entry fees/donations can be sent to the SOB paypal account. Keep an eye out for a pre-blast.
- Tomorrow (Saturday) is doubles day at Olympus tomorrow. 0700 at Calvary. Cleans, presses, squats, renegade rows, and farmer carries.
- Bucky is leading his “so long for now” Q at Da Vinci tomorrow (Saturday). 0630 in Blakeney. Chicken- and coffeeteria will be held after, so bring a chair.
- It was great to have such strong numbers out there this morning. Kelly is getting back into F3 and High Tide took him under his wing during the workout. Sweeney Todd, Victoria, and Smokey coordinated their attendance, helping to bolster our numbers.
- For those of you that are new to this workout program, the goal is to focus on high quality movements since the reps are low and there’s plenty of rest. If you have a heavy bell, you can do 2-handed swings. If you have a lighter bell or the 2-handed swings aren’t challenging enough, you can switch to 1-handed swings. Be sure to focus on form and really squeezing in what is effectively a standing plank at the top of the swing.
- As we’ve been on this program for a bit, we’re working on the next round of Swole-Meathead-Olympus program. Keep an eye out for a pre-blast in the coming weeks.
- Thanks to the pax for posting and for following my lead. I hope to see more of you out there in the coming weeks. Stay safe and healthy!