8 Watchtower’s and 6 Masher’s (including a Kotters welcome for Beltway), met in a parking lot to do weird stuff together. After seeing a steady weight decline (and by steady I mean I lose 2-4 pounds during the week and gain 1-3 pounds over the weekend) over quarantine, my family decided they really liked the old me and fed me pizza for fathers day lunch, BBQ for dinner, and 3 helpings of peach cobbler and ice cream in between. To say I felt sluggish during yesterday’s workout was an understatement…and the dreaded scale and FUPA measurement confirmed my suspicion, I was dangerously close to heading towards fat boy territory again. The good news (or perhaps bad news if you were a Watchtower pax today) is that I could do something about it being on Q today…so with that…DICCS, lets go.
Fairly fast opening mosey pace towards the bus lot. Turn around to find a much smaller group than we left out with (8 in total).
- 20 Moroccan Night Clubs
- 20 Back Scratchers (I think that was the name, maybe tick pullers????) Arms out wide and attempt to scratch your opposite trap. Try it, its not easy if you have been going to chiseled, diesel, or a mash workout. (In my best Arnold voice) For the rest of you puny men, perhaps not so hard.
- 15 dry docks
- Calf Stretch
- Jimmy Duggan
Mosey to neighborhood stopping once to let the 6 catch up. While trying to figure out what to do I did a satellite view of the campus and found that the neighborhood streets make an “8”. So I decided we would take advantage of the 8. At each corner we will do a called exercise then run at a faster pace than a mosey to the next corner. Mountain Climbers waiting on the 6.
- First Intersection: 10 Ranger Merkins on my down (Some guys got some extras in as they started merkins before I finished explaining what we were doing)
- Second Intersection: 10 Diamond Merkins on my down
- Third Intersection: 10 Wide Arm Merkins on my down (starting to get tired of counting)
- Forth Intersection after that nasty hill: 5 T Delts and 1 Merkin up to 10 Merkins. On Your Own (sorry posse – who wasn’t there to chastise me).
- Fifth Intersection: 10 Superman Merkins
- Sixth Intersection: 10 Ranger Merkins
- Seventh Intersection (swap over to speed skaters waiting on the six since we have double back through the middle of the 8 and don’t want to cross contaminate sweat piles). 10 Mary Katherines (2 is 1).
- 8th Intersection: 20 Jump Squats
- 9th and final Intersection: 12 Berishnicoffs each leg.
Mosey to the cul-de-sac near the front entrance for a Triple Nickle. 10 Dry Docks at the top, Run, 10 Jump Squats at the bottom (first light post). Do those three exercises 5 times for the triple nickle. (Yes, we had a OG try to tell me I was doing a Triple dime – Come on Foundation….you know better!). A quick watch check and I get wide eyed to see I have much more time left than I thought. Some days time moves so fast but today it just crawled.
Quick sprints back towards the school First spring to front of neighborhood. Second sprint to school bus entrance. Third Sprint to School wall. Smithers, Mad Dog, and Foundation all pushed hard here trying to beat each other.
On the wall waiting for the 6.
- 50 Air Presses on my up.
- 15 wall slaps in cadence (you welcome posse).
- 15 over head claps in cadence.
Continuing our springs until time was up. Sprint to other end of the school. Lunge waiting on the 6. Sprint each of the 4 corners of the parking lot again waiting on 6 before starting off to the next corner. Reached final corner and hurried over to COT. A few pax kept moving to get their even (odd) number of 3 miles in. Finitto.
- A little bit of mumble chatter about that one being an ass kicker. It hurt me, but I figured it was just the cobbler talking. I love hearing the complaints….that means it sucked…which means you got your money’s worth.
- Happy to announce the weight is headed back in the right direction after this mornings workout….I may also be ready to pass out from Dehydration so I guess I better go take Goodfella’s advice and hydrate up after that sweat fest. Sorry to the pax that had to endure today’s pain in order to get me back on track.
- Foundation and Smithers have apparently dropped Deflated out of the threesome as they both pre-ran together this morning and were seen holding hands and skipping during the triple nickel.
- Ackbar came about as close as I’ve ever seen him to cussing someone out today. He shot some very angry looks my direction during the workout. Sorry bud! (I’m kidding of course – I’m not sure that guys has had an angry thought ever….well except for when cars pass school buses)
- Chainsaw was out there kicking ass and taking names as usual. Great work from a double respect.
- Mad Dog and Smithers constantly circling back for the 6. Thanks guys!
- Foundation doing what was actually called instead of circling (Mountain Climbers or Speed Skaters). Thanks for sticking to what was called out and setting an example for us slower guys that were coming in later and forcing us unknowingly to fall in line.
- Schneider out front most of the morning and chirping the entire time.
- Popeye may slash my tires over night after that one. Thanks for sticking with it. Lots of talk from him about vaginitis after the workout. Looking forward to you poping a Viagra and busting ass at Chiseled tomorrow (wait, that came out wrong).
- Great seeing Beltway out again (Kotters). Mash unit continues to grow and get some guys out of the bed that would normally fart sack. Great leadership by the Mashers to keep it going and growing.
- Mentioned posse a few times in the BB without him actually being at the workout. He was in my head during today’s workout as I reached out to him to see if he learned anything new from his Atlanta F3 workout and what feedback he had as it compared to Waxhaw. One of the things he said is that they did a lot of On Your Own counting which apparently Posse hates. So today, I decided I would not OYO as much as possible. That lasted about 5 intersections in before I could hardly catch my breath long enough to lead a count.
- F3 Spartan this Saturday at Cuthbertson at 7:00 am. Park near buses/Rudy’s Poop Palace (I think). All other Saturday sites will be closed so converge on Spartan.
- F3 Dads is this Saturday at Newtown Elementary at 9:00 am. Bring a cardboard box for the kids to slide down a hill on and a water gun if you have one.
- 100 for 100 Pax Challenge just over $8200. In order to push us over the finish line, the 100 for 100 team are working on a raffle. Lazy Boy (the pax, not the store) is donating a leather recliner to be auctioned off. Second prize is a $100 amazon gift card donated by Nails (who knew he had extra $ to spend after all the recent tattoo work). More details to be sent out by the 100 for 100 team.