7 PAX returned to Gloom and the official site for #Kevlar. We started with a quick lap around the short track adjacent to the parking lot the circled up on the grass for COP.
- SSH x 20 IC
- Windmills aka Sharon Towers x 20
- Imperial Walkers x 20 IC
- Merkins x 15 IC
- Squats x 20 IC
- 5 Burpees OYO
Stair Work We took a half a lap around the church, moving over to the stairs and partner up. Partner 1 runs up the stairs and back while Partner 2 performs called exercise, then flapjack.
- Flutter Kicks
Hill Suicide We jogged over tot he parking lot and lined up abreast. Run to the first median and back; second median and back, to the road and back, perform 10 merkins each time you return to the start.
Dora 1, 2, 3 Moving to upper lot, we returned to our partners Partner 1 sprints across the the parking lot to the first island on the left while Partner 2 performs called exercise.
- Merkins x 100
- Carolina Dry Docks x 200
- Squats x 300
Return to the launch point with a few minutes left for some Mary.
- Flutters x 15 IC
- Rosalia x 15 IC
- Hello Dollies x 15
- It was great to be back at the Kevlar AO at Christ Covenant Church. While we met on Zoom, or in Matthews, we really appreciate being able to be back at Kevlar’s roots.
- Zoom served its purposes, and YHC is glad it was a limited engagement. I’m with Horsehead, I’m Zoomed out and stoked that Area 51 is back open for business. It’s been inspiring to see the Area 51 pax get after it during this #SIPO even when we were not able to meet in person. It’s a motivator for YHC and it’s great to see the Pax keep pushing each other.
- As we reopen, get out and Q a workout, and write a backblast. The backblast is a way to keep the Pax tuned in and strengthens an EH.
- The hill suicide is a crowd pleaser, and YHC thought we’d do a second round, but I thought better of it.
- Faultline duly noted that you really can’t cheat with Dora 123, you’re accountable to your partner.
- Horsehead informed YHC during the stair work of a possible code brown and asked if we’d be heading over to the woods. He made his way and pulled the #Elvis after the hill suicide work and returned for Dora 123. When you gotta go, you gotta go.
- Good to see Chubbs and his buddy Spyglass return the Christ Covenant Church for their 2nd Area 51 workout this week. Spyglass joins us from Asheville where he posted a few times and lives up in the F3 Metro region but posted down here getting his buddy Chubbs out. Chubbs is a Florida gator and was named by Horsehead at Skunkworks this week in honor of Happy Gilmore’s beloved golf coach. The two of them joined us at Skunkworks Tuesday by looking up on the website for a local workout and by chance several of us met for an off the books Skunkworks workout lead by Horsehead. Skunkworks officially reopens on 5/26.
- Horsehead gave me some grief about my squats, its all about the range of motion. I had promised him that there wouldn’t be any old man exercises then we rolled into what HH called the longest set of windmills.
- YHC had only Q’d Kevlar once before, although it was in my steady rotation when I started F3. Funny enough, the other time I Q’d was by chance, I showed up only to find Cottontail, and we just got after it. Good to see Cotton out there and putting in the work. Funny that he drives a Chevy Volt considering the size of his family.
- It wasn’t until YHC started writing this backblast that I noticed the #weinke was eerily familiar to the one I did leading Skunkworks in February. #Cobains for the lack of originality.
- Thanks to Orange Whip and Faultline for opportunity to lead and please sound off with any mumble chatter.
- F3 Metro King of the Queen City Hills CSAUP 6/6-6/7 220 miles for runners and 110 miles for ruckers. Teams of six or 12 available.
- Deep Dish on Q for Rock Zero 0700 Calvary Church
- Covenant Church starting outdoor servie