Finally able to break my VQ Cherry with todays addition of Clyent Dinner. During all my virtual workouts, I have done a bunch of variation on Tabatas and such. I really like that format, but wanted to see if we can do something different. I am not sure I would repeat the format in a none virtual world, as I was able to have my notes in-front of me the entire time. However, once we got started, I felt more comfortable with count. This format could have been confusing, so I tried to keep everyone on the same exercise and we just gutted this one out together. The clock hit 5:30 PM, YHC provided a brief instruction and off we went.
The format was 4 exercises w/ variation of reps (format 5 reps, 10 reps, 15 reps and 20 reps). The exercises remained in the same order, but the number always changed. Again, the goal was that we would never burnout on one movement. At the end the goal was to do 50 reps of each exercise or 200 reps per group.
Round 1- 5 , 10, 15, 20
Round 2- 10, 15, 20, 5
Round 3- 15, 20, 5, 10
Round 4- 20, 5, 10,15
To help the Pax get used to the format, we started with the warm up x 2 rounds
Warm Up x2 rounds
- Mtn Climber
The Thang- 4 rounds per group
- Dive Bomb Merkins
- Good Morning- 2 handed
- Curls -2 handed
- Weighted Squats
- Weighted KB burpee
- Tri extension- 2 handed
- High pull- 2 handed
- Weighted step ups
- Mike Tysons’
- Man Maker (minus the squat)
- Weighted dip
AND time…..yep, that was it! Apparently I had misjudged my time as I had another 3 rounds ready to go #nexttime
- 100 PAX Challenge: We are trying to get 100 PAX to donate $100 (or more or less) by mid-June with the goal of giving away $10,000 to local Waxhaw charities so we can impact our community in a BIG way . . . And not just with $ but also with our time . . . Please consider being a part of this in some sort of way
- Venmo: @F3Waxhaw
- PayPal: F3Waxhaw@gmail.com
YHC completed this one…not the greatest, but no one stepped up.
Ye Old Moleskin
- Thank you Bottle Cap for making me Q this
- Honestly, I have attended every Clyent dinner for about the last month or so and it is one workout I really look forward to. Each one is harder then the next, so I felt the pressure to perform
- I hope the format was OK in the end. I couldn’t have do it with out the wenkie as a few movements (burpees) took a lot out of me and I would have lost count…not sure how Wingman caught me early on??
- Its really hard to see what others are doing so if you are so inclined, leave comments. Most of the day I was looking at Centerfold/ Hurley and Wingman. That was how it played out on my iphone
- Sorry about the internet signal, I know it is not always great on my end. Besides the one big glitch, it seemed to be clear on my end
- The burpees were hard, very hard. If anyone wants to use the trick I use to make them not as hard, specially when we had 20…I count to 10 and then back from 10. That seems to help me, I had to do it today.
- It looks like this may stay virtual for awhile longer while there is a LIVE event going on at the same time. Keep showing up!
- Lastly, I always ask for someone to lead prayer for a variety of reasons. So out of all my Q’s that was the 1st time… Just be good people and help others around you!