Most of the Area 51/SOB pax apparently took Governor Cooper’s advice and decided to keep their distance from Olympus on Saturday morning. Their loss. High Tide, Retread, and YHC posted at Elizabeth Lane for the usual workout.
Warm up: YHC ran a 10k for a warm up. Once the actual workout started, HT and I did 5 TGUs per side while Retread took the waiter carry option.
The Thang: Today’s prescribed workout was pretty brief, so we supplemented.
- 5 x 20 2H swings with a heavy bell with :30 rest (HT and I shared the 44kg bell, so got more rest than called for)
Head over to the jungle gym for:
- 5 pull-ups, 10 merkins
- 4 pull-ups, 10 merkins
- 3 pull-ups, 10 merkins
- 2 pull-ups, 10 merkins
- 1 pull-up, 10 merkins
Return to the parking lot for:
- 5 sets of 5 double cleans
- 2 x :30 of hard-style elbow plank
- 2 x :30 of hollow body hold
- 2 x :30 of glute bridge
COT – not really due to coronavirus fears.
- This backblast is late, so you are probably aware that formal F3 events (1st F, 2nd F, 3rd F) are cancelled until further notice. We will post the workout for each of the gear workouts, to be performed OYO.
- It was good to have some dedicated pax out on Saturday to swing some bells. I’m not sure why today’s workout was relatively light (on exercises, not weight), but it was good to get some bodyweight work in. Clearly, I needed it because I was sore!