7 pax showed up at South Charlotte Middle School to join the convergence for the retirement of Death Valley, one of the original Area 51 sites. While it would have been fun to join the rest of the pax (50+ of them) for the boot camp, we have a program to run here.
- 5 sets of press ladders (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) – recommended weight is 28 (YHC couldn’t handle that weight for all of it, so switched to a 24 for the higher reps)
- 20 sets of 10 1-handed swings with :10 rest – recommended weight is 32
- 4 sets of farmer carries for :90
COT: Circle up with the Death Valley pax for COT. Thanks to TR for the takeout.
- High Tide is hard at work in his evil laboratory preparing our next strength program. The plan is to focus on core exercises (swing, merkin, squat, pull-up, snatch, carries, TGUs) utilizing some of the Quick and the Dead methodology. Stay tuned for more details.
- April 24 – some dudes unaffiliated with F3 in any way (and certainly not wearing any F3 t-shirts) will post at SCMS for a beer mile. Hop on the Slack channel if you’re interested in joining.
- The workout seems simple. Mighty Mite even thought we’d have extra time (well, he did). Instead, we had to cut off the carries after 2 rounds. That volume of presses (75 per side) just takes a ton of time. Unless you’re Mighty Mite, who pressed a 70# bell for sets of 15 reps. Child’s play.
- The swings were also a crowd pleaser as the rest was insufficient. You basically put the bell down, stand up, bend over and pick the bell up again. At least it was only 10 sets.
- Finally, the farmer carries. I think everyone is getting tired of them, but it’s like eating your vegetables – you know they’re good for you. We’ll keep them in the new program as well.
- Thanks to the pax for coming out and following my lead. It was good to see so many #kotters and OGs at the DV convergence. For those of you that haven’t been posting, I hope this reminds you of what’s special about F3 and why you should be coming back out. The workouts continue to evolve, so there might be something you’d like that wasn’t around before. If there’s something you’re looking for that doesn’t exist, find some like-minded pax and start it. These workouts are not intended to be permanent and they will run their course. What keeps F3 going is the creative destruction of new workouts forming and serving a need that wasn’t apparent before.