11 pax met at Calvary this morning for another edition of Meathead. Everyone was advised to be ready to rumble promptly at 0530 because the weinke was long and distinguished.
Thang (including recommended weights, but modify as needed):
- 10 sets of 5 presses per side – 24kg
- 10 1-handed swings EMOTM for 24:00, switching hands each minute – 28kg
- 4 x :90 farmer carries – heavy – we ran out of time after 2 rounds
COT with the Anvil pax, where Wild Turkey provided the takeout
- Keep Doc McStuffins in your prayers as he undergoes heart surgery this morning. The last I heard, it went well, but I’m sure he’s got some tough weeks of recovery ahead of him.
- Keep Madison and his family in your prayers as his 14-year old daughter (Kennedy) has a brain scan scheduled for Friday. Pray for good news!
- More trivial announcement – Swole on Monday will feature the same menu offered above, but with 30 minutes of swings. As a result, we are asking the pax to arrive at 5:15. We will start with the farmer carries, then move on to the presses, then the swings. Wild Turkey will be your Q. Again, please arrive ready to work as we will not have spare time. You are welcome to arrive at 5:30, but be aware you will just have to jump in wherever we are or modify the workout accordingly.
- Thanks to the pax for making it out and continuing to support the new strength sites and the SFG program we’re working through. This would have been a tough workout to get through alone.
- Soul Glo seems to have figured out where Calvary is and has been at the last two Meatheads that YHC has attended.
- Champagne joins us when he’s not driving a 2.0 to a 5am swim practice (#brutal). He was pressing the 28 easier than I was pressing the 24. As HT said, #oldmanstrong
- Hoover is really excited about the 5:15 start on Monday – just think how little traffic there will be 15 minutes earlier! He looked strong out there, especially considering he moves the bell farther than the rest of us, so he’s probably doing 20% more work.
- C3PO seem to have some emissions issues this morning or maybe he was just using it as propulsion to get his presses locked out.
- High Tide said he wasn’t pre-running, then said he was, then was late to the workout because of his pre-run. Strong work nonetheless!
- Gypsy is running again, but still joined us for some bells. #Madisonischeatingthough
- Retread is slowly transforming into a meathead – watch out, Slim Fast!
- Mighty Mite blew through the presses and did it with a larger bell than most – the dude’s a beast.
- Spackler joined us and provided his usual mumblechatter, including a cheerleading joke directed at the Q. #jealous? On the plus side of the ledger, he lured Bananas to the workout. Good to see you both!
- Olympus is Saturday at 7:00 at Elizabeth Lane. The workout is on the shorter side, so expect some additional work. Also bring a mat if you’d prefer to do TGUs instead of waiter carries.