19 morons thought that YHC was still sick and that surely they would be presented this morning with a quality workout, a traditional regimen, and trustworthy leadership. Instead, they got a has-been Spin class instructor with a neon fanny pack and a Napoleon complex. They followed anyway… they always do.
- Mosey north for COP in the amphitheater to the timeless sounds of GnR:
- LSPeter Parkers
- LSFreddy Murchisons
- Backwards arch… hold!!! (I’ve never felt so alone)
- Mosey to the rockpile and grab one of several pre-selected rocks (no paperweights today, boys)
- Mosey to the north lot, pop the hatch on the Microvan and see what kind of junk is in the trunk… (IKEA kids chalkboard and a deck of cards… WTF?)
- Welcome to Sprockets’ (Full) “House of Pain”!!!
- Spades = 8-count Burpee Jacks
- Diamonds = Heels 2 Heaven
- Clubs = Iron Squats (“huh?”)
- Hearts = F3s (curl/press/extend)
- Jokers = Dealer’s Choice
- Partner race… wheelbarrows n partner carries
- Catch me if you can… around the bldg., 10merkins at each handoff
- Aces high (14reps) in a full deck = 104reps of each exercise + a couple long laps and 2 (not so funny) Joker routines
- Finish the deck, deposit the rocks at 7:56 and run like heck to south lot.
- Time check… 7:59
- 20 Boone Crunches each side…. DONE!
- A whole lotta laughin’ early on. Not a whole lotta laughin for the last 25minutes
- Excellent tracking skills by Deep Dish and his late-arriving accomplice… He can track a falcon on a cloudy day… He can find COT.
- One guy who shall remain nameless (rhymes with “Dummy”) kept barking early on to “take a lap” and break up the card-flipping. It was this request that inspired YHC to call for “a lap” around the bldg with the rock during the 2nd You now know who to thank for that.
- I think we got nothing but face card spades and clubs for the 1st 8 cards. (Hey, Mama always told me life is more like a game of poker than a game of chess.) Fun fact… Johnny Cash recorded a lesser-known version of “The Gambler” before Kenny Rogers took it to #1 in 1978. Now you know.
- At one point (in response to leading the Iron Squats with your “inferior leg”) Gummy offered to show everyone his own inferior leg… requests can be placed offline.
- If given the opportunity, YHC highly recommends matching with Hoover during the partner-carries… 1) While carrying the HGH-infused Gorilla on your back, his feet hang so low that you get a powered assist, similar to Fred Flintstone powering his car by skipping his feet across the ground 2) The view of the Atlantic from atop his back is breathtaking.
- Biggest lesson learned… size matters when it comes to Bluetooth speakers. The dime-sized woofer I got in my Christmas stocking left something to be desired. I’ll try to get on the “nice” list in 2020.
- RZ is desperately in need of Qs. They will take ANYONE (case in point… Alf and McGee are on the schedule)
Big thanks to Hoover and Geraldo for covering for me while I was out with the man-flu, and for trusting that I would actually show up this morning. Have a sensational week, my brothers!