DICCS given, let’s roll …
Warmed up with a mosey to Dreamchasers, started with SSH, apparently I forgot how to count in cadence (off to a great start), but Deadwood picked me up, thank you buddy. But I still heard a little negative mumble chatter, proceeded to lash back out with never ending merkins … whatever, lets get this started.
Overall goal was to hit 3 locations:
1) N. Providence Rd. – 13 lights – Rotating between Burpee’s and Knee Slappers (5 each) on the ½ mile out. Jailbreak on return to Dreamchasers
• Two groups – Gazelles and Clydesdales – Gazelles had to go a little farther, Clydesdales just had to beat us back to Dreamchasers. Clydesdales won! We owe you some burpees or dreamchasers, you can pick.
• Wait, whose that running straight at us??? Ahhh … Gerber, should have recognized that gait, he takes one step for every two of mine. Glad you could join us.
• What I didn’t expect … Moneyball right on my heels. Way to go dude, working hard!
2) Head to Waxhaw Elementary School – Playground
• Via “Bad Idea” hill, ran one time, AND EVERYONE GAVE ME THEIR ALL, I know by all the bent over bodies at the top of the hill. Loved it – THANKS GUYS.
• What I didn’t expect … Anyone ever notice the calves on MadDog??? (and no I didn’t look any higher – pervs)
• Partnered up on the playground for pull-ups (10 each) • Squeezed in some Mike Tysons, Figure 8 leg lifts, American Hammers, etc to keep busy
• 15 minutes left, needed to Mosey back for COT (but had other plans, time permitting)
3) Keith Jong Hill – YES, got back to COT with time to spare, we used it wisely on “Keith Jong Hill” – I don’t think anyone expected this, ha-ha! Does this make me a bad person? Blame it on Deadwood.
• Headed down the hill with 5 minutes to go. Plan was go as far as you could and circle back to meet up on time for COT.
• What I didn’t expect … Was how many guys stepped WAY UP and RALLIED to the bottom and back up on time!
• Appreciated Damascus chatter, motivating us the whole way!
First, I really dislike WordPress. I heard we got in 4 miles in 45 minutes, plus our exercises. Dasher said we might have set a new mileage record for a 45min Floater bootcamp??? I guess I had it confused with Pursuit. Hat’s off to all of you for really hustling out there. Especially Shake & Bake who did a monster pre-run, you’re a stud! My second Q, I appreciate you guys taking it easy on me and for the tips I picked up along the way for that AO, I hope you have me back. I learned I can’t count cadence yet and I can’t remember the names of exercises quickly … apparently I am old, but can run like hell.
Lastly, I’d like to thank all the guys that made positive comments to me. I hope to return that gesture. I can honestly tell you all that I used to be 40lbs heavier and couldn’t cut my grass without taking a break. Getting in shape is a journey. In time exercise will become habit forming. You will see positive changes which induce more positive change. I’m new to F3, but wish like hell I would have been involved sooner in my life. Keep up your F3 membership, recruit more and keep being that bright light in the world of others. Mucho Respect and Appreciation for all of you guys, my brothers!
F3 Dad’s camp – nearly, if not already sold out. check slack.
Pray for Nails (heard he might be feeling ill)
And I think I am forgetting one (back to the being old part, mental note, let video recorder run to the end dummy)
MadDog – Thank you for taking us out!
You must be logged in to post a comment.