For Genesis, we took it back old school. No not Genesis 1:1 “In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.” However, I did wear a fanny pack and those went out of style in the 80’s so we did go back pretty far for us…well at least for me #notamillennial #overripefruit
Any-who, this is what we did:
- Short mosey through the walkway to the back part of Banana Republic. We were only window shopping.
- Quick 20 count of SSH and IW
- Warm up mosey around building to finish back at the fountain for the main course
- Main Course: 3 ~ 50 lb. logs for 3 men. Circuit work called.
- 1st round we’ll do 50 dips then shoulder log and run down around playground, over to the Brixx side and back to start.
- 2nd round called for 50 decline merkins then a lap with the log
- 3rd round called for 50 incline merkins then a lap with the log
- Main Course #2: same 3 round circuit with different exercises
- 1st round – thrusters with logs then run same path but sans log. We did 50…er 25 this time
- 2nd round – overhead press x 50 with log then around the path sans log
- 3rd round – bench press x 50 with log then around same path.
- Palate cleanser: jog around dormant Bermuda grass area with various movements
- 1st lap – backwards
- 2nd lap – Karaoke
- 3rd lap – karaoke flapjack
- 4th lap – butt kickers
- Final Course: return logs to truck and grab 2 brick pavers each. At grassy area directions were given.
- Bear Crawl with bricks 10 yards out then 10 diamonds merkins with bricks
- Crab Walk 10 yards back then wide arm merkins (also with bricks)
- Side walk with bricks 10 yards out then 10 regular merkins (continue with bricks)
- Side walk flap jack 10 yards back then man-maker merkins (unfortunately still with bricks)
- Finished 30 seconds early. No complaints heard.
- Blakovery pax were jealous of our swoleness (yes that’s a word. Per Wiktionary: The state, quality, or condition of being swole)
- I’m still sore today (Thursday)
- I missed posting to bootcamps. My back held up; now I just have to quit being lazy.
- General is a beast. Not sure he broke a sweat.
- One-Niner wasn’t far behind however. He said at the end of the workout that he broke a sweat. #satisfactionguaranteed
- COTS is in need of winter clothing. Socks are the most requested item.
Thank you guys for letting me lead you this morning. It was fun and I can only now move my arms without pain. I’ll be there again with you on Monday unless we are in #snowmageddon #needaccountability #heartbreaker?