13 pax congregated at the largest, most expansive, and most luxurious AO in all of Area 51. That’s right, Calvary Church. Hoover was fresh off of a 4 mile ruck. Flipper and McGee pulled in on two wheels. It was all very dramatic. The clock struck 7 and a brief, yet thorough, disclaimer was given and we were off. Run all the way across the street/driveway to another massive parking lot.
Circle up for COP:
- SSH x 41 IC
- IW x 15 IC
- Mountain Climbers x 20 IC
- Low, slow merkins (down and hold for a 5-count, then up) – go around the circle with the pax counting – counting paces varied considerably
- Low, slow squats (down and hold for a 5-count, then up) – repeat with pax counting [Note: the Q was a glutton for punishment]
Line up along the first parking line and bear crawl 10 spaces, then perform 10 CDDs. Lunge walk 10 spaces, then do 10 jump squats. Repeat each once before arriving at the median.
10 count for the Q to catch his breath, then mosey out to 51 and down to McAlpine Elementary. #DayZero
Partner up at the playground in back. Partner 1 performs 5 pull-ups and partner 2 runs suicides on the basketball court. Flapjack and repeato for 3 rounds.
Mosey over to the soccer field for deconstructed burpees. Partner 1 runs to the second trash can and back while partner 2 performs called exercise. Flapjack and repeato until the required number of reps has been attained:
- Merkins x 94
- Jump squats x 94
- LBCs x 94
Mosey back to Calvary and circle up for some plank work, then mosey to the hot box and grab some wall for peoples’ chair. Everyone holds the chair and performs air presses until each pax has run to the tree and back. Halfway through, wall pax switch to BTTW. [Note: somewhere in here, Spackler asked YHC for the first time if the weinke was empty. Not really, but not enough time to do any of the additional work I had written up.]
Mosey back to the start for some Mary:
- LBCs x 20 IC
- Heels to Heaven x 20 IC
- Rosalita x 20 IC
- Boxcutters x 10 IC
Still some time left, so line up on your belly and run out and back sprints x 2, then a single out sprint. Time
COT: thanks to Flipper for the strong take out
- Joe Davis Run has been moved back to March 2019. Sign up here.
- RockZero is looking for Qs. Reach out to Flipper, Hoover, or Boerwors if you’d like a spot on the roster
- A strong, yet somewhat motley crew for RZ this morning. YHC has been bad about getting out on Saturday mornings, so it was good to get the call to Q (thanks, Hoover). It also allowed me to see some pax I don’t see very often, including Marge (Hydra site Q, which conflicts with the best workout in all of F3, Meathead) and Sprockets (named for a bike part, but the SNL reference is definitely better).
- The title of the backblast comes from a random comment during the Mary or sprints or COT. It’s been a few days so I don’t really remember it, but Spackler was involved, so you know it wasn’t appropriate. #earmuffs
- Other than Spackler (who was posting for the 3rd straight day and announced pre-workout that he was going to mail it in), the pax were pushing hard out there. We hit about 3.5 miles on the ole GPS, although your results may vary. It felt like a lot for YHC, who has been either doing strength work or running, but not both at the same time.
- A few of the counts during the workout were in reference to/honor of our 41st President, who had passed away overnight. He was 94 years old. If you have a WSJ subscription, there’s a good editorial by Dan Quayle here and a good article from Gerald Seib here. President Bush (the older) served as a pilot in WWII, as head of the CIA under Ford, as Reagan’s VP, and as our President. After he retired, he continued serving by working in philanthropy, including partnering with Bill Clinton as an example of how service supersedes political differences. Although not everyone will agree with his policies or his decisions, I think we can all respect the sacrifices and contributions he made to our country. There was never any doubt that what he did was done in the best interests of our country. #RIPGHWB
- Thanks to the three-headed site Q monster for the invitation to Q. I hope to see my brothers in the gloom again soon.