39 Pax showed up for another MTM. Despite the non-stop complaining about partner carries, it always amazes me that the group continues to post every Monday and even has grown. The Pax doth protest too much, methinks…
All kidding aside, it’s awesome to see our group grow so much. There has been a lot of debate lately about if we need to start a new Monday AO to level it out, run a split Q, or just leave it alone. The verdict is out, but I think everyone will agree that it’s great to see so many new (an old) faces each Monday. For those that are new or relatively new, keep posting, keep pushing, and find a 2nd F (fellowship) or 3rd F (Faith) place to plug in. Some suggestions for both are in the announcements below. There is also coffeteria each Saturday after Commitment for those that want to explore another day to post.
Anyway, here we go:
- Started with a brisk lap around both parking lots
- Circle and eloquent disclaimer given
- 15 SSH IC
- 15 Mountain Climbers
- A little calf stretching (this woke up Frack’s grumpy side right away)
- Mosey to sidewalk
- Round #1
- Partner carries all the way to Transporter’s shed – After attending a Dredd Q (he is 1 of the co-founders of F3), who called for partner carries, they have a new life at MTM.
- Switch as needed
- 10 jump squats at each change
- We had a few casualties, including Frack pounding his face on the pavement. Surprisingly, this seemed to calm his grumpy spirit…
- Round #2
- Remain w/ partner
- P1 = donkey kicks (AMRAP)
- P2 = run to end of bus line & back
- 2 rounds each
- Round #3
- Mosey to circle behind HS for some triple nickel
- 5 jump squats x run to school x 5 box jumps x 5 rounds
- Round #3
- Mosey to side of HS
- Run back to front of MS w/ 10 jump squats at every light (This ended up being the crowd favorite, even more than the partner carries and will have to make another appearance in the near future).
- Jailbreak back to start
- Welcome to Schneider, another Briar Crest recruit. His name comes from the fact he is in the supply business for shady apartment complexes.
- Sanctuary – Every Monday night at Brooklyn Pizza in Wesley Chapel (7:30pm) – Currently studying The Great Divorce by C.S. Lewis
- Bible study Sunday mornings at Five Stones (7:30am) – Currently studying the Book of John
- Church on the Street this Sunday – See Bottlecap for details
- Sandbox – Need volunteers for security at the Prom – See Transporter for details
- Flash will be on the Labor Day schedule next Monday – 6:30am start