Join your F3 brothers on Friday, October 26th at 9 PM in the Ballantyne Corporate Park for The Crane Relay, straight from the mind of Frasier himself.
The Crane Relay is a Ragnar style running race (everyone based at the same location running 3 loops), but with shorter loops run on roads/paved greenways and, most importantly, teams picked in a draft. Total distance is 12 miles over 3 loops.
If you can get through a boot camp, you can (and should) do this race. More details are below or you can jump straight to the sign-up sheet here: http://rebrand.ly/theCraneRelay. We need all signups by August 25th, no exceptions.
- Teams of 5 will be selected by captains in a fantasy snake draft style in the hopes of creating a number of evenly matched teams making for better competition and 2F
- Each member of the team will run 3 loops (3, 4, and 5 miles) for a total of only 12 miles in a rotating fashion
- All loops will be on paved roads / greenways
- Each loop will start and end at the same point where we will all be stationed
- Expect some great 1F while racing, but even more 2F as you will be hanging out at “camp” quite a bit
- The race starts on Friday, October 26, 2018 at 9 PM
- We should wrap up by 5 AM or so on Saturday morning, just in time for 2F breakfast and getting back to the family without even being missed
- Exact location is TBD, but the starting line will be somewhere in the Ballantyne Corporate Park, likely at one of the hotels
- Also a possibility of renting a block of rooms for showers, naps, etc.
- None of the loops will be especially hard so this is perfect for PAX of all abilities — I will repeat, if you can get through a boot camp, you can (and should) do this race.
- The draft should create a number of relatively balanced teams which removes all of the pressure as you are only expected to run to your current ability level (and will be running against guys of a similar level of running ability).
- Because it’s cheap, close to home, and at a perfect time so you won’t even be missed by the family.
- Because it’s a great introduction to relay races (multiple legs, night running w/ headlamp, running tired, etc.) without the miles, expense, logistics, stinky vans, or time away from family.
- Because you don’t want to be the guy who missed it.
Now that you are convinced and ready to sign up, here’s what’s next:
- Commit to the race by adding your F3 name to this sheet by no later than August 25th: http://rebrand.ly/theCraneRelay
- Some additional steps that we haven’t figured out yet (seed time? t-shirt size? etc.). As we figure it out, we will let you know.
- Draft party in early September (attendance optional, but encouraged).
- Show up on race night ready to have some fun.