13 pax posted in the humidity (including 3 of questionable cognitive ability based on their choice to pre-run), eager to pack 60 minutes of #weinke into 45 minutes of #downpainment.
No FNGs but a heart-felt Disclaimer was given, nonetheless.
- Mosey to bus lot
- SSH – 15 IC
- Merkins – 10 IC
- IW – 15 IC
- Mtn Climbers – 10 IC
- Sister Mary Catherine – 10 IC – #crowdpleaser
Mosey to track
Stealth 1/2 Murph:
- 5 pullups
- 10 merkins
- 15 squats
- 2 sets + Jog a lap (1/6th mile)
- Repeato 5x total
- One more lap
Mosey to First Baptist “incline”
- Squat jumps (or jump squats) at top
- Plank jacks at bottom
- Pax choice for early finishers
Parking Lot reps:
- Lunge walk to 2nd light; LBJ (little baby jog) back
- Backpedal (DB run) to 2nd light; LBJ back
- Karaoke – L; LBJ back
- Karaoke – R; LBJ back
Lunge walk; LBJ back (cut out due to time constraints)
- Sprint; gather and mosey to launch lot
Time – Done
- Area 51 Gear Order – available thru May 24 only!
- Neon reflective shirts – https://f3.mudgear.com/collections/active-preorders/products/f3-area-51-reflective-shirt-pre-order
- Black shirts –
- Speed for Need at Patriot 5k – workout, 5k, extra mile – F32018 discount code
- Speed for Need – June 2nd for chariott pushers – Lake Norman area – Exit 54 is contact
- Gypsy post in VA Beach this weekend – ride down on Friday, post, and come back – contact Gypsy
Wow. Great group this morning with a lot of effort and great 2nd F. YHC hadn’t been to Peak in, probably, two years (due to its conflict with Meathead), so it was great to be back.
For those of you whom posted at Ascent this weekend (Geraldo), the workout was pretty familiar – shortened the running by 1/2 mile and cut out some Mary to fit the time allotted. Most of the pain was retained.
Smokey can run and was #LarryBirding most of the morning, despite his misplaced football allegiance.
Joker, Simba, Smokey, & YHC did have some fun football discussions of The Process, Nat’l Championships, etc.
Other observations from YHCs passage through the pax (from the front, the six, and seemingly everywhere in between):
- Apparently in the dim light of the gloom, YHCs shoes match his Alabama football shirt quite well. (I also have gloves that would likely match; however, you’re not yet ready for that much Crimson. You have 106 days to prepare yourselves. AL v Louisville)
- For reference, the 17 national championships were: 1925, 1926, 1930, 1934, 1941, 1961, 1964, 1965, 1973, 1978, 1979, 1992, 2009, 2011, 2012, 2015, & 2017. #18in18
- 1/2 Murph was deconstructed and snuck in on the pax. The 1/6th mile track through things off a little, which is why the extra lap was thrown in, but 50 pullups, 100 merkins, & 150 squats were accomplished via the 2 sets + lap structure.
- A little #mumblechatter was shared re too much running at a High Tide workout, countered with “but once he ran BRR, he’s a runner now”. Not really a runner, but do run more than before. 1/2 a mind was given to scrapping the running and dragging out some kettlebells, but that’s for another parking lot…with equally smooth, cheesegrater-esque pavement.
- In only their second week among the pax, Bernie & Madoff are putting in the work. #tclaps
- Thanks to Sensei & Tweetsie for accompanying YHC on the pre-run. And pushing the pace. That pre-exhausted me for the workout.
- Speaking of running, today’s workout was 2.1 miles, down from Saturday’s 2.6 miles. (These were full miles, not Hair Band miles.) Your welcome.
A lot of fun today, guys. Thanks for coming out and for the invitation to Q today.