Not only did we mistakenly think that we would have a low mileage day with Meru at the helm, but we never would have expected this!
- SSH x 30 IC #slowestCadenceEVER! The comments started quickly from our new friend Hermes from Apex AO. We didn’t realize until later that we were being audited!
- Imperial Walker x 20 IC – Hermes,#theaudit, also enjoyed throwing an “and” in before IC count. This led to some fun smiles. And we were just getting started!
- The Strong Start: Line up for a suicide in the parking lot. Meru brought it hard coming in 3rd place!
- Mosey down the valley to Tattersall dr. ( This was already further away from our AO than I expected to find ourselves on this fine morning. #theaudit said “Meru, what is that a digital winky!” We certainly are not going to pass!)
- It’s time for “pushups” oh no! Dont forget about #theaudit Meru! “Pushups! What are those!” Meru, “I’m new at this!” Merkins x 15 IC
- Run 70% to park rd. Plank until the 6 -plank series by YHC
- Take a right! Where are we going! Further into the gloom – instructions were given: run to Quail Hill rd! Questions were asked: quail hollow estates? You know that’s pretty far away right? We humbly submitted to our leader
- Plank series until the 6
- Time for more running! Run through Quail Hollow estates to Sharon Rd West. No questions asked- just a few unspoken thoughts, this is going to be hard to make it back to the vflag ontime.
- Plank series until the 6
- Meru says “this way guys!” This is where things start to get interesting! We start running further away from the AO. Or so we thought. Becky finally figured out out. Hes taking is down the unfinished greenway!
- The unfinished mudway mud run ensued. Meru, “this wasn’t as muddy the other day when I tested it out!” The pax, “did you forget about the monsoon which occurred over the last couple days?” Meru, “toughen up buttercup! ” I may have made that last line up but I’m pretty sure he was thinking it. Into the mud we sloshed!
- Highlights: lots of bobbing and weaving in the dark? The unsure left or right path. Didn’t matter there was no good path to take. YHC LOST HIS SHOE IN THE MUD PIT FROM HELL! “Can someone grab my shoe please?”
- Finally freed back into the civilized world of pavement we landed in the park.
- LBCs X 20 IC – sort of IC but more of the #slowestCadenceEVER! #WITHLOVE. More comments from #theaudit brought to us by Hermes from Carey, “the cadence is 1 down and 2 on the up”
- Plank series led by the Qic. It was Quick, we were running out of time.
- Run to the top of the valley.
- Run the valley
- Run to the Vflag – #theaudit says” circle up at the shovel flag! Oh wait, there’s no flag” perhaps it was the final straw
If was a glorious gloom! With Meru throwing down the mileage mudrun guantlet! Thank you brother! That was fun! And a big thanks to Hermes from @apexcarey for the external audit. It was great entertainment and you got GOP to promise the shovel flag next week! Come back anytime brother!
thanks to Becky for bring us out!