15 men gathered on Friday the 13th for a not so scary workout.
Here’s what went down:
- SSH x 20
- Imperial Walker x 20
- Potato Picker x 10
- Mountain Climber x 10
- Plank Jack x 10 SSH x 20
- Run down to the end of sidewalk. Stop at each light pole for 5 Merkins
- Partner up and get a lifting rock (1 rock per group)
- Curls – Partner 1 Curl / Partner 2 run to the crosswalk do 3 Burpees then flap jack – 150 combined
- Tricep Press – Partner 1 Tricep Press / Partner 2 run to the crosswalk do 3 Burpees then flap jack – 100 combined
- Shoulder Press – Partner 1 Shoulder Press / Partner 2 run to the crosswalk – 3 Burpees then flap jack – 75 combined
- Return rocks and Mosey to the hill
- Clock Merkins – 12:00 / 3:00 / 6:00 / 9:00 / 12:00 – 5 Merkins in each position
- Mosey to the benches – Dips then run on sidewalk to the tables for Step Ups — 20 of each, then 15 of each, then 10 of each.
- Mosey to the hill in front of the school – Clock Merkins – 12:00 / 3:00 / 6:00 / 9:00 / 12:00 – 5 Merkins in each position
- Mosey back to start.
It was a great morning for a workout with perfect temperatures and a great group of guys working hard. It was only appropriate that Clock Merkins were incorporated into this morning’s workout. For whatever reason, halfway through the workout my watch skipped ahead 7 minutes, so I inadvertently called “RECOVER” while doing Dips! Wishful thinking, I guess!
I always enjoy seeing guys push themselves and encouraging their brothers. Old MacDonald was begging for some leg work after our rounds with the rocks, but he pushed on! Akbar mentioned he was getting out frustrations this morning after being up all night with a fussy baby! Dasher showed off his “bad ass” skills with his table height jumps and I believe it was Dough Boy that suggested we change his name to Table Dancer… uh, I mean Table Top!
It was an awesome effort by all and it’s an honor each time I get to lead this group of great men.
Thanks to Dough Boy for taking us out with a prayer!
- See Hollywood or Recalculating to sign up to Q Impromptu. They are working to get slots filled through June if possible.
- Thank you for all the prayers for Hollywood and his family this past week as he traveled to California to assist with some family issues.
- Go to the Sandbox channel on Slack for info on helping a family in need that lives in Ft Mill with some yard work.
- Operation Sweet Tooth 8k run in Huntersville is next Saturday. Speed For Need will be there. If you can’t make it to Huntersville, Commitment will be a virtual run site.
- F3 Respect shirts are in!