11 men showed at The Floater to find out if there really was life beyond “the hill”
- Mosey towards the bridge over South Main
- Circle up and
dodge cars COP (windmill x10, lss x10, low slow merkin x15), enough
- Cross bridge and run down Providence stopping at every mailbox for 3 jump squats until we reach the school
- Plank stuff
- Partner up
- P1 box jump burpees on the stone benches
- P2 round corner, up the stairs, return
- Flapjack and repeat until you have done both twice
- Mary on the anthills
- Continue down Providence, and go to the bottom of the small hill, stop facing up the big one
- Triple Nickel: 5 merkins at the bottom, 5 jump squats up top, 5 times
- Return back the way we came to the school
- Ascending Curb Crawl:
- Feet on curb, 1 derkin
- Bear crawl across stree
- Hands on curb, 1 incline merkin
- Reverse bear crawl back
- Continue with 2,3,4, then 5 derkins/inclines
- Continue back up Providence, cross bridge, stop at half wall
- Civilian count: 10 derkins, 10 dips, 10 derkins, 10 dips
- AYG around corner back to launch
If I am interpreting Slack and previous BBs correctly, Fuse Box is not a fan of The Floater’s seeming obsession with KeithJongHill and was pleased when YHC announced last night that we would not visit today. I failed to mention the hill we would run, which until it is renamed by someone wittier, will be called KeithHillSung, KeithJongHill’s long-lost daddy. I believe I am now on Fuse Box’s sh&$ list, an honor when Qing a site called the Floater. Mad Dog expressed similar sentiments. Posse picked today for his first Floater post and so, for the moment, holds the distinction as the only PAX to have posted at The Floater and not visited KeithJongHill. Some enjoyed the hill more than others, but every man dug in got it done.
To be honest, this workout was not the original plan. However, after experiencing the unlit/potholed streets further yonder in Waxhaw and stumbling upon this big beauty of a hill closer by, an audible was necessary. There are not too many cars in Waxhaw at this time of the morning, but YHC did his best to make sure almost every single one of them came close to hitting us. COP placement around a blind corner was especially interesting. #needsSomeWork Thank you all for calling out and keeping us safe.
After all the talk of lactation this morning that seems to happen often down in the Waxhaw AOs, cow was on the mind and YHC just devoured a steak the size of my face. Would write more, but bed. An unexpected benefit of being in Longhorn’s favorite state at the moment is that it is central time and, technically, this backblast is still on time and The Floater’s
skidmark streak continues.
Appreciate the invite to Q by Moneyball and Bottlecap and enjoyed leading this morning. Really wish I was a little closer and could get down here more often as it is a fantastic group of guys. Great, as always, meeting a few new face as well as seeing some familiar ones. Thanks to Mad Dog for taking us out.
- Operation Sweet Tooth 8K Race – 5/6 – sign up to race or sign up as a virtual runner to help the cause – https://operationsweettooth.org/event/christina-latini-memorial-8k-2-mile-walk-virtual-run-benefiting-operation-sweet-tooth/
- Sandbox work opportunity this weekend to help a local family trimming trees in their yard. #the_sandbox channel on Slack for more details