Thrive has a great AO with lots of options in a very compact space. But every time I show up, I see that hill and it just draws me in. I can’t resist it. And you guys get to suffer for my ADD.
We had 6 pre-runners this morning. Along the way we cleared up some fallen branches on meth lane then ran up to Monroe Rd and back. And Thurston ran with us even though he is no longer training for the BRR. #solid
Mosey around the parking lot passing the dumpsters just to open up your nostrils some. Circle up in the parking lot.
SSH IC x20
IW IC x20
Windmills (Abe Vigoda style) IC x10
Low, Slow Squats IC x15
Mosey to the side road.
Island #1: Bombjacks x10
Island #2: Burpees x10
Island #3: Bombjacks x10
Island #4: Burpees x10
Burpees at the stop sign until everyone is either finished or passed out. Mosey to the hill
You suckas been calling 7s on this hill. I envision 11s so let’s get after it.
Round 1: Merkins at the Bottom and Drydocks at the top
Round 2: LBCs at the Bottom and Heels to Heaven at the top. Lots of complaining from Horse about the LBCs in the swamp at the bottom but he actually did them.
Mosey to the field. Partner up
Wheelbarrows across the field switching as needed. The first switch was on me. Every switch after required the guy about to hand walk to do 5 merkins (really derkins) before he started. This seemed to cause a lot of switching.
As we gather:
Flutters IC x15
Rosalita IC x20
In honor of Countertop, Pepper pods back across the field. Basically sprint until YHC says down and you fall/slide to the ground. Once everyone is down, I call up and you jump up and sprint again.
Back to the hill:
Backwards run up the hill/Forwards run down the hill x5 (last backwards was a AYG). Sorta funny to see the annoyance building as I kept saying backwards run up.
Back to the field:
Pepper pods half-way across
Broadjump Burpees across the other half
Mosey back to the parking lot. Bernanke was the first to stop at the water fountain though a few other turkeys followed him.
Bernanke water penalty (own the blame Brother): Burpees x5
In honor of the mythical Countertop: Backscratchers IC x20
In honor of Zip: Rosalita IC x20
Legs at 90 degrees for 30 seconds
Legs at 10 degrees for 30 seconds
Thanks to Nomad for taking us out
Prayers for Orbit’s cousin.
– Strong work by everyone. I wanted this one to be a grind with a you vs you on the hill and then just a tough wheelbarrow across that field.
– I’m not saying that hill should require 11s but yes, there should only be 11s on that hill.
– Bernanke told me he hated me. That was right before he knew I was about to burpee penalty him for stopping at the water fountain. Great timing Brother.
– Bullwinkle beat Hoffa there. Give yourself an extra minute or two to get to Thrive with all the road closings around the park.
– Because it was you vs you, I didn’t hear many stories to share on the hill. I did hear Orbit skipping ahead. Pretty sure he isn’t a Math major at Wingate.
– We did debate Wingate vs Win Gate. It’s Wingate. One syllable. Embrace the Southern Orbit.
– My voice didn’t crack. #winning
Thanks for letting me lead such a strong group of guys and Hoffa.
You must be logged in to post a comment.