24 Pax including one FNG kicked off Thursday with a visit to Peak 51, one of South Charlotte’s most popular AOs.
Proper disclaimer followed by a mosey to the parking lot behind the church between McDowell and Sadie for COP. 15 SSH IC and 15 Imperial Walkers IC.
Partner up for three rounds of suicides and AMRAP work.
- Partner 1 runs suicides to the first light post and back, second light post and back, and end of parking lot and back.
- Partner 2 AMRAP merkins
- Partner 1 suicides
- Partner 2 AMRAP LBCs
- Partner 1 suicides
- Partner 2 AMRAP low slow squats
Mosey to gym equipment behind school parking lot. 10 pull-ups, 10 merkins, 20 LBCs, run one lap around track. Repeato x 2.
Mosey to hill behind baseball dugout for a triple nickel. 5 rounds of 5 burpees at the top of the hill and 5 low slow squats at the bottom.
Mosey to steps/walls between school buildings. Find your partner from the suicides/AMRAP block. Partner 1 runs around mobile school buildings while Partner 2 performs AMRAP dips. Flapjack. Partner 1 runs, partner 2 AMRAP derkins. Flapjack.
Grab some wall for people’s chair and 30 air presses IC. Mosey back to launch (not lunch) for COT.
We mixed in some planking and a bit o’Mary along the way.
- Many strong performers, especially FNG Precious, who was so named due to his Lord of the Rings fandom, and recent FNGs Lorenzo and Deport. Way to push yourselves guys. F3 works best when you jump in with both feet.
- This workout may have exceeded moderate intensity levels, but everyone seemed up to the challenge as the Pax stayed close together.
- Lois alerted YHC of blood dripping from my knee during the triple nickel. Nothing serious, just a minor abrasion. Rub some dirt on it.
- We had some merlot spillage during COT. Not in the actual COT, but in the bushes nearby. First time that’s happened when YHC has Q’d.
- YHC would like to take a moment to call out the excellent culture at Peak 51. Geraldo and Slim Fast launched this AO four years ago, and the leadership of Sensei, Booyah, and Lois have continued to make it a special place where Pax of all fitness levels feel welcomed and valued. It’s a great entry point to F3 for FNGs. Great work gents!
- Contact Bullwinkle if you’re interested in Qing at Conviction, a relatively new moderate boot camp that meets at Stallings Elementary on Wednesdays at 0530.
- Congratulations are in order for Booyah and his M on the birth of Baby Cohen.
- Sensei will be traveling to West Palm Beach next week as his team participates in the BeepBall World Series. Please keep Sensei in your thoughts and prayers during his journey.
- An F3 brother in South Carolina lost an infant child recently. Please keep him and his family in your prayers.
- The next time you’re in downtown Matthews, be sure to check out Brakeman’s Coffee and Supply. Drano and Lois joined YHC there for coffeeteria. F3 Crayola is one of Brakeman’s owners, and the place has tons of character and a genuine feel to it. It’s pretty much the antithesis of the large chain coffee joints.